Friday, December 9, 2011

My Lonely Companion

She illuminates the sky,
a lantern which brightens the night,
the clouds fly quickly by below…
How long it lasts, I never know,
the time goes by forever slowed
by beauty, natural and true.
I stand in the frigid cold,
remembering the tales of old,
of heroes and maidens fair,
which o'er and o'er have been told.
My breath catches her light,
I miss him with all my might,
but he's gone away another day
and all I can do is wait.
The tales cease passing through my mind,
leaving only memories of he and I,
I hold them close, they warm my heart,
it pains us to be apart.
And yet I smile up at her,
bask in her reflective light,
she is my companion here,
in her peace is found tonight,
I wonder if she's lonely now, forever far away…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)