1. Why
my last relationship ended: Eventually
my patience ran out, and I needed to separate myself from the stressor that he
had become... it was a shame.
2.
Favorite band: Possibly Muse, but as of late I've been on a major Elbow
kick.
3. Who
I like and why I like him/her: I'm
fortunate enough to like most of the people in my life right now, though I have
two friends that I'm closer to than most others. One, because he is my most faithful and
patient and supportive and fun and natural friend, as well as my first college
friend, and Two, because he's all around amazing and multi-talented and full of
God's love.
4.
Hardest thing I've ever been through: On
an emotional level, my suicidal period in high school. Physically, when I had a kidney stone.
5. My
best friend: Cody (or One from above)
6. My
favorite movie: Déjà Vu, Oceans movies,
Bourne movies, Up, The Dark Knight, and more...
7.
Sexual orientation: Straight.
8. Do
I smoke/drink? Nope, and I don't intend
to any time in the future.
9. Do
I have any tattoos or piercings? Just
pierced ears.
10.
What I want to be when I get older: A
productive and happy member of society.
11.
Relationship with my parents:
Complicated… practically raised my alcoholic mom these last couple
years, my dad's bipolar but thinks he's perfect… I love my mom, I really
do. It's just hard to handle them
sometimes.
12.
One of my insecurities: Feelings in
general. Because of my parents I've
learned to emotionally detach myself from negative emotions, and only allow
myself to feel when it is rational and productive to do so… which makes
romantic love kind of hard for me (though love in general, for some reason, is
easy).
13.
Virgin? Yes.
14.
Favorite place to shop: Heh. Where I'd like to shop and where I actually
shop are totally different places.
15. My
eye color: Hazel
16.
Why I hate school (or work): I don't… I
love it.
17.
Relationship status as of right now:
Eh. Single. Sort of.
18.
Favorite song of the moment: One Day
Like This by Elbow <3
19. A
random fact about myself: I'm taking
abnormal psych in the fall :).
20. An
age I get mistaken for: When I was a
senior in high school, I sometimes got taken for a senior in college, but at
that same age I got handed a kiddy menu once… so it depends entirely on what
I'm wearing.
21.
Where I want to be right now: My
college, with the people I love.
22.
Last time I cried: May 7th (because I
really miss someone who doesn't miss me… it's confusing), and before that,
April 22 (my kidney stone). Before those
two, it's been a while, I think...
23.
Concerts I've been to: None worth
mentioning… my dream concert is Muse though.
24.
What would you do if...: I really don't understand this question at all--I
second that Steph.
25. Do
you want to go to college? Haha, I want
to STAY in college!
26.
What's your favorite body part? On
myself? Probably my eyes.
27.
What's your most embarrassing moment?
Confusing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution -.-.
28.
What's your favorite flower? Passion
flower, for sure.
29.
What's the shortest a person could be before you just wouldn't date them? Don't have a limit.
30.
How are you? Sick at the moment,
actually.
I tag anyone who wants to do it :). I'll give you guys a proper update later!





8 comments:
And The Dark Knight. :)
I'm glad you're back to posting! We missed you.
xoxo
Steph (not the Steph who tagged you in this survey, but the other Steph, haha)
Oh, and you can remove my cousin's button from your sidebar if you'd like. I'll tell you more about that later. :)
Peace,
Lauren
By the way, I found out some very important things about progressive/theistic evolution recently...if you'd like to talk about it, I'd be very happy to. :) But if you don't want to, I won't.
By the way, I recently found out some very important points about the progressive creationism/theistic evolution vs. young earth/literal six-day creation debate...if you'd like to discuss it, I'd be more than happy to. :) But if you don't want to, I won't talk about it any more.
I'm mostly doing okay Lauren! I'm sorry we havent' spoken as well... I'm equally responsible for that. I'll definitely email you though :).
I'm feeling all better Max, no worries :). And I'd love to hear about whatever you learned--sorry if I haven't responded to your most recent messages (I can't even remember, because I haven't been checking my email like I should). But if you found information that you think is of worth, I'll gladly take a look.
Sorry to everyone for being so inconsistent here... but I hope to post again soon. Ttyl!
1) About the "the six-days of creation in Genesis aren't a literal six days; they're actually millions of years" viewpoint: Although the Bible sometimes uses periods of time figuratively, whenever it mentions numbers and "day and night/morning and evening" in conjunction with the description of the length of time, it means a literal twenty-four-hour day.
2) If each of the six days of creation stood for an indeterminate length of time, why did God say to rest on the sabbath day and keep it holy, "for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefor the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it" (Ex. 20:11; KJV)? That commandment would have no real meaning if we were supposed to rest on and keep a certain, unknown period of time (possibly millions of years) holy - how could we keep that commandment? And if we can't trust the Fourth Commandment, why should we be able to trust any of the other Ten Commandments or any other part of the Bible? Picking and choosing which parts of the Bible are trustworthy is not a good method at all.
3) This is possibly the most important point I have at the moment:
If creation took millions of years, that means that there were millions of years of death, decay and suffering before the Fall of Adam, which would mean it wasn't really Adam's disobeying God's command to not eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil that caused sin and death to enter the world. Consequently, Christ's death on the cross was meaningless since it was meant to be the payment for sin and the sacrifice that conquered death, but if those things were already present before Adam and Eve were even created, Adam's sin and Christ's work of redemption both didn't have any meaing for the human race. I'm afraid I didn't make this as easy to understand as I've heard it said, but I think you get the point I'm trying to make...I can always try to clarify what I've said later if you'd like.
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com
Emma
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)