
Friday, August 19, 2011
Leaving Home...
Today I leave for college. Tomorrow morning I move in. You know a couple posts ago I said something about getting a chance to breathe soon? Wait, lemme find it: "So yeah, I've been really busy the last several days, and haven't been home much at all. Today I'm going whitewater rafting with my sister, and tomorrow she, my dad, and I all leave for Georgia... so it looks like I'm going to be busy for a while yet. But I know that eventually this insanity will calm down, and I'll be able to breathe, and all I have to do until then is not panic!". Yeah, that. Well that break from insanity has yet to occur, as I've been going dancing and swimming and kayaking and rafting and ultimate frisbee-ing and LOTS of shopping and packing and a little crying and plenty of traveling in these past couple weeks. Then today I leave for college. And tomorrow morning I move in... and meet my roommate, call someone to loft my bed, register my bike for a permit, pick up my books, pick up my fridge, do some last minute grocery shopping, go to a cookout, and God knows what else will come up. The whole 'not panic' thing is getting tougher and tougher, but I'm doing my best. Right now, I need to finish up packing so we can leave bright and early tomorrow, then I'll sleep for the nine hour drive to a hotel by my college. Yes folks, I'm a little ways away from home. I've become closer friends with a couple people these past couple weeks, which I'm truly grateful to God for--hopefully we can keep in touch despite the distance. Lia, Stephanie, and Ayla--I just sent y'all an email, fyi. And Stephanie, Zoe, Jan, Raisa, and Hannah--I replied to your comments on the previous post. Thanks to all of you who actually read this post--sorry it's so dry, I'm just insanely tired :/. And thank you Ania for following my little ol' blog! I really appreciate it :). Until next time, when I'll hopefully have something more blog worthy,

Posted by
Elizabeth
at
Friday, August 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
~Kendra
And I hope you're having fun in your new home and have a good start to your college life :)
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)