Sunday, August 28, 2011

My First Week At College--A General Update

Hello everyone! I suppose some of you are wondering what I've been up to, and how college is going so far. Well, it's definitely a whole new life for me! Overall, I'm loving it, so I figure I'll get the three main negatives out of the way first: being the designated driver to a party, without being told, and without knowing that there was nothing to do at said party besides drink, and as a result gathering sober people and going to student night at target, which was amazing, bailing on said party, and not knowing I was the designated driver until the next day; having my roommate come back drunk and skyping loudly at 2am; getting a text from a guy saying that he'd be a gentleman--"at first ;)". Beyond those three negative elements of my college existence thus far, things are going pretty well. Classes have started, though the homework isn't too intense yet, and I'm getting my exercise crossing campus every day. I've made a few friends, guys and girls, and am eating more than I did at home. I've done my first load of laundry and have washed dishes once already, which was oddly pleasant. I've also played laser tag, played live battleship, painted a painting, ridden on a riverboat, and ridden on the back of a motorcycle. I've never been so busy in my life! From eating at Five Guys for the first time to getting a library card, I've been all over the place. Right now, my drunken roommate is trying to sleep, and I'm being inconsiderate continuing to type at this hour, but she's the reason I'm up at this hour to begin with, so I don't feel too terrible about it. I've been part of philosophical discussions, regarding the existence of God and the 'problem of evil', as well as free will, and it has felt truly amazing to discuss things with people who think so much. I mean, that may sound odd, but almost all of the people in my building are intellectuals with a desire to learn, and discussion is always fascinating and involved. I'm really tired right now, and haven't been sleeping well, but aim to fix that tonight once I'm done with this update. Generally speaking, life is good in my new hood xD. I miss you guys, and hope to post regularly once I get a stable routine in place. Feel free to ask me questions, as I'll be happy to go into more detail about anything, and I'll do my best to answer them. Love y'all,

6 comments:

Hey Elizabeth! I didn't even know you went off to college but I'm glad it's good so far. Isn't Five Guys AMAZING?! And do they give you HUGE orders of fries at the one near you, or is that only at the one near me? :) I'm so jealous you can have philosophical debates with people. I think A LOT (often WAY too much), and I usually can't tell people what I'm thinking. But I'm lucky my school filled with smart people is starting school, and I'm REALLY scared for that. I have orientation tomorrow and Wednesday, and I'll get my schedule! Talk to you soon!
-[Lauren] (not sure why my Google account doesn't work on this computer so I'm just using my AIM account haha)
 
You seemed to have a great start to your first college year.
I'm sure you mentioned this somewhere before, but what are you majoring in?

My semester starts October 1st and I want to start it as if it was my first year at university. My first year at university was awful. I spent the whole year all on my own, because I couldn't find a single friend, I failed at everything I did and I didn't feel comfortable at university.
I hope it's going to be better this year. I really hope. I think I wouldn't survive another year like that...

btw, I've moved my blog to different URL. It's scrapsofoldvolumes.blogspot.com now. Feel free to check it out :)
 
Great! Glad I don't have to go to college yet..whew! Sorry I haven't been posting as frequently...ALGEBRA HW!! But here's something that will interest u VERY much (or at least the capitol part...) http://hungergamesdwtc.net/2011/08/more-pieces-of-thecapitol-pn-fall-into-place-as-twitters-for-each-district-arrive/
 
btw. how did u like the first teaser trailer??
 
Hey, I miss your posts! Update please. :(
xo Steph
 
college....wow. I do suppose that's still a few years off for me, but it sounds quite exciting/interesting/amazing. Hope you do well!
~Simi
http://lensflare-and-inkspots.blogspot.com
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)