
Monday, November 14, 2011
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
I was recently informed that someone who was once my closest friend no longer wishes to speak with me, for various reasons, and sadly I understand. He's ready to move on, and if that is what is best for him, then that's okay… I made an effort, and I guess that's the best I can do. I still have a handful of happy memories from our time together, even though they are outnumbered. I think that the phrase 'all good things must come to an end' proved true over a long and painful amount of time, and a part of me… a small part, but still a part… is relieved that we're both now free from our strained relationship. Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great, I guess. But I'm not posting to pout, I'm posting just because it is a part of my life I'm letting go, and wanted to share that with you. Now, I'm off to make more happy memories in my new world, my new home, even though I'll never forget the people who helped make me who I am, him included. That's been my mission since I arrived at college, a mission I share with select friends… the phrase 'ah, memories' is in frequent use between one friend and myself :). I've witnessed a spider weaving its web, stood by while a friend swung my purse over his head to mess with bats, sat in a creek for hours talking, watched the sunrise with a friend from the roof, ridden around walmart in a buggy, ridden on bicycle handlebars, went to a Lebanese food festival, went to a haunted house (actually, a haunted FURNACE--more on that later), got primer in my hair that's STILL there, and of course, slept in various places other than my room (including the roof, in a bikini… we're not supposed to go out there, but I needed sun! xD). Haha, I'm an Olympic sleeper and champion memory maker xD. I guess that despite all of my constant stresses about my (to quote a friend of mine) 'metric shit ton' of homework, I really am learning to love life while I'm here. I'm happier than I've ever been, and that's good enough for me :). Talk to y'all later,

Posted by
Elizabeth
at
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
<3
It's the sad truth, but it's a good thing you're being optimistic about it. I learned to be optimistic about my broken friendships too, deciding that its better to be loved and lost than never to have loved at all (using that old cliche). Its better to have made memories and break apart, then to have never made memories at all.
That's all. Stay optimistic okay? :)
xoxo
Steph
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)