Found this old draft today, thought it'd be funny to look back on and make commentary xD. Black writing is the original post, purple is my comments now...
Is wearing short-shorts immodest, or can they be worn when used in balance with a loose fitting longer top without compromising my personal standards of decency?
After being on campus and seeing the fad of Nike shorts w/ giant shirts... I object.
What on earth made James Cameron think he had the right to call Sanctum 'based on a true story'?!?! I was feeling so horrible for the families of the people who suffered such horrible fates, then find out later it was all fake. W.T.H!?!
Yeah, I STILL think that was totally wrong of him. Sorry, but the real events that inspired the film were so very, very different... though I've now managed to decide that I really do like the movie.
When someone is retelling a funny story, and they get something wrong, is it rude to interrupt and correct them, since it isn't life changing anyway, or is allowing them to make that mistake and mislead those listening wrong?
Still pondering this one.
How old was I when I figured out how to take my socks off while sleeping?
I don't know, and likely never will, but a funnier question is how many people are aware I do it... a friend, who I've napped with quite a bit, recently commented that we were way to close if he knew that I did that xD.
Should I take the time to write out my opinions on the symbolism of the movie I Am Legend and its alternate ending, which I've been wanting to rant about for ages, or would that bore people?
FINALLY, at college, I've found others who agree that the alternate ending is superior. I've actually had conversations about it without being shut down. YESNESS.
Does my college have a Bowflex treadclimber in its gym?
Probably, considering the 'gym' is an entire recreation complex that probably has it's own freakin' zipcode!
Why can't I tag the page of my favorite radio station in a status update on facebook?
iHeartRadio, my friends, iHeartRadio.
This fall I'll have the opportunity to completely reinvent myself-just how much do I want to reinvent? Appearance, outlook, behavior, beliefs?
Turns out I haven't really changed, beyond being... well... largely happier. More stressed, but happier, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I'm still me. And I'm glad for it. OH, finally learned about the ACTUAL theory of evolution, though... gotta say, I'm ticked that the theory I was presented growing up was a complete misrepresentation.
Am I the only person who thinks that zombies are people too?
I need to ask more people about this. Because it matters. To me anyway.
Australians DO use the f-bomb more than Americans, right? Because in the couple Aussie books I've read and Aussie bands I've listened to, it seems like it is a more commonly used word. Plus, Liam Hemsworth was totally dropping the f-bomb around 11 year olds… and I KNOW I've heard that Australians use it more commonly than Americans before. Anyone else heard that?
Still no answer on this one... Ayla, could you share any insight by any chance?
Have I taken my meds this morning?
Hahaha, I'm still asking myself this all the time...
Can you tell I pulled an all-nighter?
Guess what I'm doing right now.
Should I get off of blogger now? Yes, yes I should...
Should I get off of blogger now? Yes, yes I should...





6 comments:
And then something about bardic drift and how rude to interupt the bard.
And then some stuff about theories, science, philosophy, and religion.
Ending with: What makes you think the way the theory of evolution represented to you, now, is not a misrepresentation? I mean have you read Origin of Species and are ticked that evolution taught you growing up was based at least loosely on that book, where as the theory now is not at all?
I can't believe the internet ate my comment... Argh!
The theory that I have been presented now is the one actually commonly accepted in the (modern) scientific community, based on the concept of natural selection (a concept which most do not contest the validity of). There's nothing random about it, and the theory does not suggest that apes are our ancestors--rather, that we share a common ancestor. I don't want to go into it much, because I'm no expert and am not the best person to explain it, but I can probably get some recommendations from a friend of good sources that explain the theory fairly if you're interested.
Also... I'm sorry your comment got eated :(. Thanks for taking the time to rewrite some though! :)
That backward religion has changed what it teaches, it has "advanced" in its understanding of how man evolved from the inanimate rocks and stones in a mere 5 billion years.
It disgusts me to see you allowing someone else to think for you. "They're all doing it." "They are the experts." Shouldn't cut it for you. You're too smart for that.
I really don't think it matters very much whether the theory of evolution states that we evolved from apes or that we share a common ancestor; many of the implications of the theory remain the same regardless of that detail.
For instance, where do standards of morality come from? If morality is just an evolving social construct designed to suit humans at one point but not at another, what is the basis or standard for morals? A common answer (not verbatim - just the gist of the answer) is "The majority of people determine what's right and wrong" and another is "truth and morality are all relative; what's true or right for me might not be for you, and vice versa." However, if that's the case, why should you (if you hold to that belief - or anyone who does) have a problem with me robbing and murdering you if it's "right for me?" Also, an evolutionary worldview leads to atrocities such as the Holocaust and other things Hitler did, the eugenics movement with Margaret Sanger (forced sterilizations on handicapped people and others considered "less fit"), and more; they were trying to help quicken human evolution by weeding out of the gene pool those they believed were not "the fittest," such as blacks, people with disabilities, and more. I could say more about this but I'm not sure I'm being very coherent and I don't want to vote you.
Anyway, while many of the creation vs. evolution discussions/debates you'll hear about are essentially arguments over evidence (I think that has its place and can be very important) but I believe looking at worldviews and their implications can sometimes be more productive. I recommend the book, Understanding the Times, by David Noebel, which compares several of the most common worldviews and how they stack up next to each other. Also, I highly, highly recommend you look for books/lectures/debates by Dr. Greg Bahnsen. He was an amazing debater and apologist, and I think you might find some of his work fascinating. For instance, one recorded debate to look for is The Great Debate: Does God Exist? between Bahnsen and Dr. Gordon Stein. Maybe some of those will help you find some of the answers you're looking for (both Noebel and Bahnsen show that the Christian worldview is the only logically consistent one and is the only one that has a logical explanation for morality, science, logic, etc.) or will at least give you something to think about.
Take care! :)
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)