Monday, March 7, 2011

Urgent Prayer Request

Please read this post, and please... please pray:
"I usually don't come to you with these kinds of things, but this is rather important. I'm also sorry to stray from my "draught (draft) month" but I have a prayer request. And please -- don't just ignore this because you don't believe in prayer.

I have an uncle... he's my grandma's, daughter's husband. So he's considered, I guess and in-law in our family. Anyway... he's always been one of my favorite uncles. He has two daughters but they're both busy into different things, and I'm one of the oldest grandchildren, so whenever I go over he likes to show me his guns. I must admit I don't find it appealing, but I think it's absolutely adorable how much he likes his. We also watch movies together sometimes... he likes scary and adventure type movies.
I remember one time I was awefully upset because someone had hurt my feelings. I was crying, and crying -- he brought my downstrairs and we ate ice cream and watched some girly movie. (notice this was only about a year ago so I was 15 not itty bitty or anything) Sometimes late at night we'll eat pizza bites together, and he doesn't share his snacks with anyone.

Moving on...

He wasn't feeling very good a few weeks ago so he went to the doctor. The doctors were thinking that he had lung cancer but wasn't sure, everyone was hoping and praying that it was something else. Something much less severe.

Tonight we found out that he has stage 4 cancer... and may only have a few months left to live.

Please realize I might have some of these facts wrong as I wasn't explained anything... I just hear bits and peices here and there. But when my grandma says "Bleah, you need to be praying" I know somethings very wrong, because she doesn't usually bring things up to me like that.

Please pray for him -- this is very serious, and I must admit I've never really experienced something like this except once about 4 years ago... and even then it was a bit far off and away for my mind to understand. I'm a little bit shaken and still a little bit distant. When bad things happen I tend to seperate myself. I'm a little emotional, and I'm a cryer. So I try to keep myself at a safe enough view that I don't get "hurt" by it... or whatever.

Anyway, just pray. Please... keep him in your prayers. You're welcome to ask your parents, aunts, uncles... grandparents, siblings, anyone to pray too. The bible says "when to or more are gathered in my name..." and there are 310 people following this blog.

So pray. "

Please, do. And if you do, you can head on over and let Bleah know that one more voice is being raised to God on behalf of her uncle. I'll respond to your (wonderful) comments in my next post, which will probably come tomorrow or Wednesday. In the meantime, I wish you all well... thank you for reading and praying...

6 comments:

I'll be praying for Bleah's uncle, and I'll let her know as well.
 
Oh no that's awful! :( I will be praying.
 
Awww! I'm so sorry! I will pray!
 
That's terrible! Will be praying.
 
Thank you all...
 
I'll be praying for Bleah's uncle and I'll let her know as well.

Love,
VIctoria

www.victoriasgirlygirlcorner.blogspot.com
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)