Monday, January 17, 2011

'Cause Nothing Stays the Same (Maybe It's Time to Change)-A College Visit, A Surprise, Four Books, and a Diet!

This past weekend I went to visit the Great University with my mom, and was impressed with everything I heard! The Honors College sounds amazing, and the different opportunities they provide their students are mind blowing. The faculty really does everything possible to help the students succeed, both during their time at GU and afterward in the professional world. It really seemed like somewhere I could thrive and grow and belong. I haven't officially made my college decision, but unless I get an equally amazing offer from UNC Chapel Hill or the University of South Carolina-my mind is pretty much made up. I'm finally looking forward to the future-I'm nervous, but desperately eager for time to pass by quickly. I've only got a couple more months before I graduate and who knows where I'm going immediately after that. Wherever I go, I know it will be better than here, so I'm looking forward to that day! Several changes have occurred since I last posted… my sister moved in with my brother and his wife, and I miss her terribly. We've had the option for years, but I never imagined that she would leave before I would, just because things have been harder on me. I chose to stay, and it wasn't an easy choice by any means (think: up all night crying my eyes out and dreaming of the freedom I've denied myself, and lucky to have a friend being my shoulder to cry on till four am), but I'm determined to be positive and productive during my time here (or at least try!). When my sister made the decision to move out, it really hit me hard… and I try not to put anything online when I'm really emotional. Things were intense for several days, and I stopped checking and replying to emails and reading most blog posts. I tend to disconnect when I'm really down, and I'm sorry for repeatedly dropping off the face of the blogosphere… but I think it's the best thing for me to do. I really love you guys though, so I've decided that part of my survival strategy for the next couple months will be regular posting, probably starting in February! Also since I last posted, I bought some NEW books (which I NEVER do, because I'm broke, but I was emotionally compromised and spent money all over the place). For the bibliophiles in the group, here's what I bought:

Matched, by Allie Condie



The Water Wars, by Cameron Stracher

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White


and Stolen, by Lucy Christopher


I'm so glad I decided to treat myself :D. Hhmm… any other changes since I last posted… OH, I got my second holes pierced while at the mall. I was also taken off of the low dose antidepressant I mentioned in an earlier post-the one that made me really drowsy all the time. I'm now on something else that doesn't make me drowsy at all, and seems to make everything SHARPER and my mind more awake. It's nice not feeling like I'm going to fall asleep every thirty minutes ^_^. I've also started eating differently, increased my protein intake and reduced fats and sugars. I read an article called The Antidepressant Diet, with a list of foods that can help, and I'm giving it a shot. I'm also taking fish oils. Thanks so much Shaynie-I wouldn't have researched dietary solutions if you hadn't told me about how they worked for you! Classes were also canceled two weeks in a row due to really icy roads, but I've still got some homework to do. I've been working on picking just one song for this coming Wednesday, but it might turn out to be a playlist… I guess we'll see ;). Well, that's all for now(I kept it brief-aren't you proud of me???)! Thanks for reading, and commenting, and being there in general :). You guys rock!


´¨) ¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨) (¸.·´¸.·*´¨) * (¸.· Elizabeth *´¨) ¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) * (¸.·´*

5 comments:

First of all... I've missed you, and been thinking about you. :) It's got to be hard that your sister moved out; at least you'll graduate soon and go to college. :)

I've not read any of those books - you'll have to let me know how they are! I've been scoping out Stolen and Water Wars for a while, but like you, I'm broke...sort of-ish. At least, I can't waste money at the moment.

Ohhh - I also switched to more of a protein-based diet - more to keep fit than anything, but it is helping me a LOT with functioning better.

Love you! <3
 
(p.s. - are you on FB?)
 
Wow, your sister leaving has got to be tough to deal with. I don't know much about the situation, but you sound like you're handling everything with maturity and grace.

College is exciting!! I'm just a junior, but thinking about it gets me excite--and scared--about the future. Good luck picking a college!

BOOKS! Girls' best friend :) Let me know if those are good; I haven't read them and I'm always looking for new things to read.

By the way, have you heard of the Mortal Instruments trilogy? I went through a phase where I talked about them a lot, so if I've said something about them before, sorry XD They're hilarious and unpredictable with great characters and everything you'd want in a book.

~Kendra
 
Do you live in Alabama?!?! Because I am not far from Tuscaloosa! :)

I'm glad the diet has been working for you!!!!!
 
Waiiiit! You can go to Uni. of Alabama! My brother, Sam, goes to Auburn! Uh-oh, now we're going to be rivals. ;]


I've had to let all three of my brothers move out, so, I hope I can be of help to you! I know how you feel about your sister but, trust me, it will get better! You'll become use to it, in the mean time though, pray for her, call her, message her--even if she finds it annoying! In the end she'll thank you for doing so. :]

All of those books look amazing. 0_o MUST FIND.


And I hope all goes well on the diet! Maybe *I* should try it out. Haha!

Lia
[GO AUBURNNNNNNNN!!!!]
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)