Monday, January 24, 2011

Music Moves Me Pretty Darn Late

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I didn't post this on Wednesday… I had classes and therapy, which was actually very eventful, and I'll share with you as soon as I can. I haven't been allowed online much at all in the past couple days-I've been hardcore purging clothes and random junk, and working on the essay for the Honors College App. for GU, and my mother has had the past several days off work and decided to make the most of them by us cleaning the entire house and getting all the laundry taken care of. I'm not complaining-I'm actually really glad we've gotten so much done, and I now have CLEAN SOCKS! I was kind of stealing my moms… lol :D. And after all that, I wrote up my music that moves me post, and the WHOLE THING GOT DELETED. So yeah, doubly late :-P. I probably wont be able to write a serious post for a bit, but in the meantime you can check out and (hopefully) enjoy the following (super short) playlist. Be forewarned: most of the songs have a similar vibe and style, but the theme is one that I've really been connecting to lately, and the songs are great regardless of whether or not you can relate (haha, that rhymed! Lol, soy una perdedora). Here's the list before I make an even bigger idiot out of myself-let me know what you think:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
I'd like to say hello and welcome to PepEGra-thanks for following! Also, thank you all SO MUCH for the wonderful comments. I'm going to go ahead and reply to them all here :). Amanda-I've missed you too! I might be moving out sooner than I thought… I honestly have no clue what's going to happen next...the minute we have a plan in place, somebody changes SOMETHING and it all keeps changing. I'll let you know about the books asap :). I'm glad that protein is working for you! And no, I don't have facebook. My mom is very protective and the entire concept of social networking scares her, and the battle just isn't worth it right now. I do hope to get one in the near future, though :). Kendra-Thanks :D. YES, this is definitely an exciting and scary time! I'm really, really looking forward to it though :). Are you still planning on going to Wake? If so, be warned-the application is the most brutal one I've seen, lots of essay questions, so give yourself plenty of time on it. I'll let you know about the books as well! And no, I haven't read the Mortal Instruments Series, but I'll keep them in mind! Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always looking for something new to read too! :D Shaynie-Nope, I'm an East Coast girl :). That is cool that you live close to that college though! Maybe once I've settled in the state (assuming I go to GU), we could meet sometime! Though, I won't be bringing a car… lol, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :). Lia-Thanks for the advice! She has visited a couple times, and keeps calling me and my mom both, which is making things easier. I think she's a bit lonely, to be honest, and I'm missing her as well, so we talk when we can and it helps us both out :). And you and I don't necessarily have to be rivals… -- ´¨) ¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨) (¸.·´¸.·*´¨) * (¸.· Elizabeth *´¨) ¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) * (¸.·´* … but ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! :D

3 comments:

Hey :) I was scrolling through the playlist (I can't listen because the volume isn't working on my computer :( ) and, oh man, I must admit that I *love* Second Chance. Aren't the lyrics and everything amazing? I put it in repeat when I'm in one of my "moods". It's a really powerful song. :)

Anyways, congrats on the college acceptance! I can finally relate- I was just offered a partial scholarship to a good school in my area, in case I don't get into the one I am currently dying to get into. So yeah, things are getting better for me. How are you?
 
P.S. Woahhh...is it just me, or did this post just get a lot longer? Haha.
 
Laurea: YES, Second Chance is very powerful… I can definitely relate to the lyrics, because I know my mom wants to hold onto me for as long as she can, and I know she wants certain things from my future that I'm just not sure about-there are so many options to consider! Soon enough, I'm going to be saying goodbye… and we'll both get a chance for a new life, she'll finally be able to live for HER and I'll be able to live for ME. I've held on as long as I can, but now it's time to let me go. I also play it when I'm in a certain mood… that whole playlist was kind of compiled from that place. I'm pretty darn sure you'd like Maybe-if you check it out let me know :). Sorry your speakers aren't working :/.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YESYESYES I am SO happy for you! Now you're set regardless :D. Oh man, now I can breathe! I've been kind of on edge since the 23rd, just waiting to hear how it went, fingers crossed and praying like crazy, but now it looks like you'll be okay regardless :). I know my anxiety was nothing compared to yours, but I truly hope you're feeling better about it now, and I'm so very, very glad things are getting better for you :). :) :) :).
And oh, it isn't just you… in the, well, current version of the post, I mention it got deleted, and when it got deleted just all the words got deleted and it posted JUST the playlist, and then I had to retype the whole thing three days later when I was finally allowed online again. So I have no clue how it looked for those days… :-P. Lol. Well, I'm supposed to be doing homework (got a pile to get done by early tomorrow morning), so I'm going to get offline and down my mocha frappe while I blast Second Chance and write like a mad woman! Thanks for letting me know how you're doing-I was worrying for you :). Sorry for the freaking insane comment before... I was kind of high off that mocha frappe. Much love,
~Elizabeth~
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)