Momma: My mom is crazy, and fun, and sometimes drives me nuts, but at the end of the day I know that she loves me with all her heart and would die for me in an instant. She works as a CNA in a hospital, a job which she generally likes, but right now she's taking care of people in rehab who are 300+lbs and it is taking a serious toll on her body. Soon, she's moving to another hospital and will be in a mother/baby unit :D. Much smaller patients… lol. She LOVES to fish, and the beach, and driving, and cooking ridiculously unhealthy but delicious southern food. She's from Georgia and proud, and proud a million times over of us three kids-the best things she's ever done, she says :). She is clingy and overprotective, and keeps making comments about me abandoning her when I go to college, but I'm growing up and I know as time passes she will come to accept it. The single most annoying thing about her is that she wastes words-she'll ask me to do something I know how to do, and then go into detail, wasting precious air and making me stand there longer when I could be doing it. Yes, that is a major pet peeve of mine, and not entirely her fault.
Daddy: Daddy is a really mixed bag of insanity. I guess I'll start with the basics, the 'what the neighbors see' deal. He works from home, in our rec room, as a computer programmer/web designer. He goes to church every Sunday and helps people take down trees, and takes care of the dog all day and used to get the newspaper out of our elderly neighbor's driveway and put it on her porch for her, but she's in an assisted living facility now. He's happy to lend out tools and waves at people when he walks around the block. He packs my mom's lunch every morning and when she gets back from work waits on her hand and foot. He also is prone to psychotic fits of rage, has told me that I must do what he says when he says it and that he doesn't care what I think about anything, and has screamed at me for opening a can of soup. He cussed at my sister the other day for asking to borrow his phone, and turned around and complained to me about it, but he took me to the hotel and to the drop off location for filming every day for the couple weeks I was on set, and was nice as could be the whole time. He refuses to contribute a dime toward my college education, despite his financial success, which made me ineligible for need based awards-praise be to God for National Merit and the scholarship I received-I genuinely thought I wouldn't get to go at all. We think he's bipolar, he thinks he's perfect, and I don't know if he'll ever change. He also thinks children are nothing more than the byproduct of a healthy marriage. I'm a byproduct. Joy.
Bro: I LOVE MY BROTHER!!!!! He is 28, and sarcastic and intelligent and amazing and funny and protective and loving and the best big brother in the whole wide world. Haha, he really is! He's in charge of all the computers in the hematology/oncology wing of a large hospital, but says he still doesn't know what he wants to do when he grows up. He's taught me that you can make mistakes and life still goes on, and that I don't have to be perfect to have success in life. He offered my sister and I a place to live to escape my father, and has always said he is there for me no matter what. I believe him.
Sis: I LOVE MY SISTER! Haha, she is 20, HYSTERICAL, and loving, and really emotional but in a good way. I tend to be cold and disconnected, and she is NOT. When she's upset, it comes out right that second, and when she's happy the world knows it. She tends toward 'blond' moments, all the time, and doesn't like to read, but she's got some street smarts and when she knows something, she KNOWS it. She's shown me that hard work can get you anywhere, and is kicking butt in nursing school even though it has been an uphill battle sometimes, and I have the utmost respect and admiration for her. When we were little I drove her crazy, but now I truly consider her my closest friend, even though she lives with my brother and I don't get to see her as much anymore. She likes cats and wants to help people and likes to talk, and has a beautiful smile and the darkest brown eyes, and is just a beautiful person inside and out. I really love my big sister <3.
Me: I'm 18, and overthink everything. I tend to be sarcastic and harsh sometimes, and am emotionally disconnected. My semi-robotic behavior leads to hilarity when I'm around my sister, because our opposite personalities bounce off of each other into… well, I was gonna say banter, but it is mostly me catching every logical fallacy that comes out of her hot tempered mouth xD. I'm an introvert, and tend to do more observing than interacting with the world around me. I love reading and music, and both allow me to emotionally connect in a way that my life sometimes doesn't. I know pouring my heart into my favorite song or a good book isn't going to hurt me, unlike my parents sometimes. I love poetry and art and creative expression, and English courses are some of the easiest and most enjoyable I've taken throughout school. I also love Chemistry and Biology, and am hoping for a career in biochemical/biomedical/tissue engineering. I wouldn’t be surprised, however, if I wound up a journalist. I was actually just featured in my local paper, and 'presadential' was written there. I really want to replace the head editor. My Myers-Briggs personality type is INTJ-and it describes me and my authority issues in a nutshell. I'm also a pained perfectionist, and am easily paralyzed by the threat of failure/imperfection. I cannot do something if I lack confidence in my ability to excel at it. I tend to shut people off, unless I trust them, and don't let others care about me though I tend to care about people quite easily. When I consider someone a friend, I'm serious about it, and will defend them without hesitation. Psych and House are two of my favorite shows, and Muse and Breaking Benjamin are two of my favorite bands. And I'm tired of talking about myself right now. Here is a pic of Sis and I (for those who don't know, I'm the one on the right):
Well, I'm the baby, so I guess that's it… actually, let's throw the pets into this.
Angel-Angel is SEVEN (I can't believe it!), and a white long haired cat that is NOT a Persian (her face isn't flat). She is beautiful and has depth perception issues (I've seen her NOT land on her feet a couple times, disproving the old adage), and lately has become extremely needy and vocal. She loves attention and is generally really sweet-she's the best behaved pet we've ever had. And she's MY baby-when I went and saw the litter of kittens, she was the ugly little flea ridden runt that didn't want to let go of me, and I loved her to death. Now she's GORGEOUS.
Spaz and Greco-These two are my lovely leopard geckos, Spaz is the fat one and spazzes whenever people try to hold him, and Greco is the smaller one who is gentler and enjoys being handled. Here is a picture of Greco… all my awesome pictures of the two of them are on a different machine, so we'll have to settle for this:
Peanut-Our little hot dog… Serious bladder control issues, but sweet as can be. My mom brought him home, but he spends most of his time with my dad and me.
And I guess that's it :). So what's your family like? I'd love to hear about them!





4 comments:
Anyway, your family seems really cool! And your sister seems really great. And did I ever mention that you are really, really beautiful? Well, you are!
Anyway, that is all. :)
Steph
Shaynie: Glad you enjoyed it! :D. And isn't she though? I'll make sure to tell her you said so-I'm sure she'll agree ;).
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)