Frozen in the headlights
It seems I've made the final sacrifice
We raise it up, this offering
We raise it up
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
I look around, but I can't find you (raise it up)
If only I could see your face (raise it up)
Instead of rushing towards the skyline (raise it up)
I wish that I could just be brave
I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight
Before I make the final sacrifice"
I'm back from the beach, fyi ;)! This song just might be my summer song… I can't stop wanting to hear it. It's so beautiful, and the lyrics are great… and I know I must become a lion hearted girl :).
Plus, Florence and the Machine is generally awesome :D. Thoughts?





4 comments:
~Stephanie
Haha, thanks Leanna :)
Shaynie, I totally agree! The references to Midas and Alice in Wonderland... and the overall nature of the song makes it so unique!
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)