So, when I went to get my driver's license the other day, already an emotional hurricane because of something irrelevant and stupid, I failed. Yeah, you read right, I failed my driver's test. Which I hadn't gotten sooner because I'd 'failed' to make enough money for insurance. And it hit me hard. I knew I'd driven worse than I'd ever driven before. I deserved to fail. I was careless. But it didn't make it easier to accept it. What it brought home was my pent-up worries about the future. My tears after the fact had little to do with driving. A few people reminded me 'You can try again in a week', and while at first the comment bugged me (because I wasn't that upset about not getting my license), now those words mean a little more.
Why? Because they're true. I CAN try again for my driver's license in a week. And you know what, if I don't pass World History this coming year, I can take it over the summer! If I get rejected by one college, I can always apply to others. If I'm not succeeding in one career, I have DECADES to find something that works. And people fall in and out of love all the time. I just have to have faith that with God's help and loved ones by me, I'll figure it out. Life is NOT pass or fail, and while there aren't always second chances, there are enough opportunities for there to be room for error. Those 'life goals' of mine may not be easy to achieve, and I may not achieve them on my first try, but they ARE possible. I'm not giving up, I'll just keep trying until I succeed :)
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*





2 comments:
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)