In my room, it is tan with some other colors kind of mixed in.
2. Look up. What's the first thing you see?
A Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center bag tacked to the wall ;)
3. What is your favourite subject?
I generally enjoy English and Writing classes, but Chemisty (and other sciences) are a little more interesting and challenging… so… it depends on the teacher :)
4. Where would you like to live? Somewhere else… I'm not sure where yet
5. What is the wackiest hairdo you've ever given a character? Living growing healing seaweed… (guess what genre THAT character was from :D)
6. Can you remember the last thing your sibling told you? Nope… LOL, right now my sibling is talking to my mom, and I don't think what I'm hearing as I eavesdrop really counts…
7. Describe the closest plant (or living green thing) to you. A palm tree kind of plant… here's a pic of it.
Now I'm supposed to make a story out of my answers... which should be difficult and entertaining...
Her slender graceful form walked across the lawn swiftly and directly. The hoodie she was waring served to hide her face, as well as her hair. She allowed herself a brief smile at the comfort; her wig always itched terribly. She stared ahead, not wishing to speak to anyone or be spoken to. It hadn't turned out well the last time she struck up a friendship... once her lies started piling up her world fell apart. No, it was better to be alone. She was here, at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, for an education, NOT romance. She wanted to learn how to heal with science, as well as with her natural magic. Not that anyone needed to know about that. She found her favorite place soon enough, a small gazebo in the sun by a pond. She loved the water, her true home. Pulling out her Chemistry and English books, she took in the familiar scene. The small bench on one side of the gazebo, facing the water, a palm like plant at each end of it. She sat down and began to take notes on homonuclear diatomics when suddenly a blond, tan, fit young man sat next to her. His eyes were dark and serious, his eyebrows knitted together. She stiffened. Why is he here? I thought after that fight he'd leave me alone!!!
"What are you hiding from me?" he asked gently.
"It's complicated. And we're done, so please accept it and let me be" she said coldly. I have to be cold, or else he'll never go. I can't show that I care as much as he does...
They faced each other. He looked into her eyes, searching for something he didn't understand. All he saw was a cold wall, and slightly deeper fear. Why can't she be honest with me? Then something distracted him, a clump of hair had slipped from her hoodie. He reached and began to tuck it behind her ear, when he realized that it wasn't hair at all. It was cold, damp, brownish green seaweed. She saw something click in his eyes, and panicked. NO, he can't know!!!. She stood and grabbed her books as fast as she could, but he caught her wrist firmly and as she turned, he grabbed the other. He moved both her hands into one of his, and jerked her hood away from her face. Her head was covered in seaweed and it was moving slightly, wiggling as if it wanted to go somewhere. He followed its movement with his eyes, and saw the pond. Looking at her face again, he saw she was crying. This explains so much... he thought. The water obsession, the way she always had to plan when I came over to hang out. How she panicked when I surprised her once... she was hiding her... is it even hair? Then another thought altogether came to him.
"Do you have healing abilities?" he said with an excited puzzlement.
"Yes, I do, but how on earth did you guess that!?"
"You think I didn't pay attention during clinicals? You made all those patients feel so much better, just by talking to them. I didn't understand it, but I noticed you touched each of their hands when you spoke... and I know how much you hate physical contact. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?"
He said it with a slightly bewildered smile; he wasn't afraid of the creature she was, he wasn't angry at the deception, simply eager to know more about who she really was. She laughed aloud and wiped away her tears. Is he crazy?
"Well, if you really want to know..." she hesitantly began. And then they talked about mythology and how it neglected lesser races, and talked about how she was raised, and what it felt like for her to be out of the water. He admitted that he wished she hadn't lied to him, but that he understood. And being honest with him really wasn't that bad. Maybe I don't have to be alone, she thought with a smile.
WOW I got way too into that. Sorry it was rambling, but it was fun! And did the way I put in tan feel like cheating? LOL :) I tag...
SammyxCasey
Optimistic4ever and
xxCammyLoverxx





5 comments:
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)