Saturday I took the SAT! I'm nervous about sending my scores, since I don't know what they are. I'm trying to find a way around that at the moment. Other than not finishing the essay part for the third stinkin' time, I think I did alright.
Sunday I worked again, and Monday night when I got out of the shower my mom, who had just come home from work, knocked on the bathroom door and asked me to open it. I said I wasn't decent and she said to open the door, and I knew something was definitely up. She normally just breaks in. We have a sliding door. But anyway, I opened it and what did I see? The face of a miniature Doxen puppy. I didn't say anything because I was in shock, then later I asked "Can it walk?" because it wasn't walking and its legs are just so tiny! Then I asked my mom "So, what's the story?", wondering if it was a rescue or someone she knew was selling puppies or what. And she said "What do you mean, 'what's the story'? I bought a dog!" and walked off XD. As of now, his name is Peanut. And he is way too cute :). I ended up on puppy duty Monday night, and I blocked off the corner of the fireplace room with a table and the kennel(with newspaper) and a footstool, then slept on the floor with the baby. He kept trying to eat me, including my hair, but eventually got under the blanket with me and we fell asleep.
Tuesday I finally mailed my application for finalist standing in the National Merit Scholarship competition! My essay was pathetic, but at least I got it done :). The wonderful teacher who wrote my letter of recommendation for it signed the form, and it was finally COMPLETE :D. Went to Spanish class and learned about RADICAL stem changes. My teacher said RADICAL at least 27 times, trying to make sure we understood just how RADICAL a change it was. "o-ue is RADICAL. RADICAL stem changes. Do you understand what I'm saying? It is RADICAL! Not ordinary stem changes, RADICAL!!!". I ended up laughing XD. After class, went to the mall and mailed the magical envelope with the application inside. And it was the last day within the deadline too… cut that one close!
Wednesday in Physics I ran down a hallway and was supposed to knock a bag of beans out of the teachers hand. I hit it on my arm, and my arm turned red and a little welty. I hit it a teeny bit harder than I should've :D lol. I also dropped a bag of beans when I passed him, and that one burst open all over the place… so maybe I was just moving a mite too fast… though I wasn't really RUNNING, you know? World History was interesting enough, talked about Greece and then Rome, both of which I was actually interested in. I didn't fall asleep in class :).
Today, Thursday, I didn't work! I've been doing homework all day, and I've finally got each vacation picture from Tuesday saved as a draft, and am almost done working on moving them into one post. Some of my favorite pictures from the vacation are of my family and myself, but I won't be posting those, so not ALL of my favorites will be shared. But most will be :). I've also gotten to play with the puppy some today :D. It is CRAZY!
Tomorrow, Friday, I'm working again :). The local highschool is having a football game, and we should be really busy! I haven't worked game night before, and am excited/nervous. We'll see if I can 'handle it' ;). I didn't get but three days this week, and am hoping to get more next week. I miss my customers!
LAST NOTE: My Aunt just found out that her husband has lymphoma. Please, those of you who pray, pray for him, and for her. She has been through so much, and only married him last year. I'd never seen her so happy, and it kills me that she is in pain again. Thank you for any thoughts and prayers.
Until next time I get to catch my breath and TYPE,
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*





5 comments:
I will definitely pray for your Aunt and Uncle! I hope that God will help them pull through--He is the Great Comforter. :-)
What I love about the SAT is that, when it comes time to apply to colleges, you can pick your best score from each section. For example, if you take the SAT twice and the first time get a great reading score and crappy math score, and the second time you take it you get a crappy reading score and a great math score, you get to report your BEST reading score and your BEST math score. What I wanted was to take it as many times as possible, because there is a learning curve when it comes to how the test works and time management. I also wanted to take the PSAT to prepare for the SAT, and to apply for the National Merit Scholarship (which you have to do in Junior year). I ended up taking the PSAT in 9th grade, the SAT in 10th grade, the PSAT and SAT in 11th, and the SAT in 12th, this year, as a senior. I think that taking it as many times as I did was wise, and I'm so glad that I chose to take the PSAT again in junior year for the National Merit Scholarship (because it paid off :) ). I have never taken the ACT, but what I have heard is that if you don't do as well on the SAT the ACT might be a better choice. "The SAT tests your reasoning and logic in different subjects, but the ACT actually tests your knowledge of information in those different subjects"(note, one girl I know disagreed, but several people I know share this view). One guy I know didn't do as well as expected on the SAT because the questions threw him off and the style of the test, but he did excellent on the ACT. I did well on the SAT, and logical thinking is my strong suit, so I chose not to take the ACT in case my scores weren't as good and messed up my record. But on girl I know did good on both, so it really depends on your way of thinking. Regardless of which test you take though, I believe that taking it as many times as possible is a great idea, even if there isn't a huge change in your scores from test to test. Hope that helps some :).
Thank you so much for prayers, and I hope that God will touch their lives through this as well.
And some more college-y questions:
How long does it usually take to get your scores after you take the test? When do people usually send off their applications to colleges?
Thank you tons for your answer! I hope these questions aren't a bother. :-D College is looming on the horizon as a very big, but benign, thing.
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)