Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vacation Log: Sunday (A day spent waiting in Walmart)

Sunday morning we had to call the maintenance people again and see if they could fix the AC in our room. More stuff got moved to the cold room out of the hot room, and I got a shower and got dressed so me and daddy could head to Wal-Mart and get my fishing license (we'd had to call my sister to get my social, because the card was hidden and not with us). It. Took. Forever. My dad was running around asking for someone to come to Sporting Goods to get a fishing license (it is a pain in the butt process), and we stood there for about 30 minutes, with no one helping us. Several people said "I'll get somebody to help you", and we heard it over the intercom that we needed help three times, but no one showed up.
Eventually my dad went and asked the man at the tire station if he knew who we should ask, and the tire guy said "I'll get somebody" and started making phone calls. He was very insistent; "These people have been waiting over 25 minutes, somebody needs to get down here now!", and eventually people did. Three people. Who argued about how to do it. And treated us like crap, and were entirely unapologetic, and all of them (even the nice tire guy) hated this one dude who was at the keyboard of the computer. The good thing that came of this nightmarish morning was while I was waiting, I worked on memorizing my social. And now I know it :). This bitty who came to help us asked my birthday, and before I finished saying a single word asked for my driver's license instead. I pulled it out and she snatched it, then she stared at it for a couple minutes, and eventually she said 'there it is!' and typed in my birthday. What the heck was that about?!?!? I understand if she needs proof, but her snappin' and snatchin' was unnecessary. Since I work with the public at my job, I'm a customer service critic and have high standards, but even by my dad's significantly lower standards what we went through today was ridiculous. I'm not a Walmart hater, I actually really like my local one, but the one by our place at the beach:

When we got back, we moved all of the stuff from the cold room back into the hot room which wasn't hot anymore :D. After dumping it all in our room, we hit the beach and started fishing. I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures that day(sorry!). I didn't catch a single fish, but did bring in a couple crabs who were eating my bait :-P. And I had crabs crawling around on my feet, so momma called me a crab magnet. After a long day fishing, we headed back to the room and watched The Amazing Race followed by Undercover Boss…. Which once again, I'm watching now :D. I'm sorry about the lack of pictures, so here's another couple shots of the cute little frog!


Have any of YOU ever had a horrible customer service experience you want to vent about? Anyway, thank you all so much for reading and commenting!

--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."


´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

1 comments:

Lol, that picture is hilarious xD "Welcome to Walmart, get your crap and GET OUT!" :P
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)