Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vacation Log: Saturday

The morning started off really rough, with some family disagreements about stupid stuff that had nothing to do with packing, which is what we needed to get done. Thankfully, with some serious effort to get along, things started to go a little smoother. We started packing up, and then I noticed a small frog on top of the car! It was adorable, and of course I whipped out my camera (the one that got punch spilled on it at prom last year :-P). I got some decent pictures, because this little sucker could POSE:

Is he adorable or what!?!?
I also read The Noah Confessions during the ride, and slept a lot :). The book actually had a LOT more depth and darkness than I was expecting, and for such a thin book contained some interesting character development and some really heavy issues (including handling guilt, class differences, and complex family struggles that go back years). In the middle of a very intense scene my mom said "For goodness sakes don't look so panicked!!! It is just a stupid book…." I might have nodded at her, I can't remember! I think I'll post a complete review on it later, it has some interesting strengths and weaknesses :). The weather was, once again, beautiful. I took a lot of mediocre pictures of the sky, but I won't bore you with them here...just the one ;)

Also on the way, we stopped to get fishing licenses, and since little ol' me didn't know her social(I know I need to know it, okay?) I didn't get mine :-P. When we arrived at our room, it was 80 degrees, and we ended up having to sleep in another room because the maintenance people couldn't work on the AC until morning. I went ahead and got in my pj's, then just walked over to the other room with my toiletry case and a pillow. I took this one from the balcony of 'our room', aka, 'the hot room'.

I watched two episodes of....

(this picture from here)
Yes, NCIS, before bed :D. And I'm actually watching it now... lol. Abby is da bomb. Tomorrow I'll post more on the vacation, which was sunny and rainy; the weather has been so bipolar... which means I HAVE to say goodbye with a song along those lines....


Thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting!



--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."


´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

2 comments:

Oh my gosh! That little frog is the cutest thing! Look at his little hands all folded...Aw :) Great picture!

~Kendra
 
Thanks Kendra! I took almost 50 pictures of him, and he wasn't scared at all. I ended up picking him up and letting him crawl on me until I set him on the brick wall by our yard, because he sure acted like he wasn't getting off by himself anytime soon and we were heading for the interstate. I posted a couple more pics of him last night :). Thanks so much for commenting :D.
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)