Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy Bee… (Alternate Title: I'm a driving vampire who loves Japanese food and basketball XD)



This entire post was written yesterday, but I didn't have time to publish it (go figure)



A lot of little things have happened since I last posted (excluding the Summer Memories post). I've worked most every day, and have been too busy to blog, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted to share a little bit of that with you :).

On July 29th, I sent my friend this pic to get an opinion on her hair (this is Ashley Greene, an actress):

Me: What do you think of this hair, but with some layers?
ignore the smoochy face
http://www.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/july/ashshort.jpg
LOL
Friend: She looks a lot like you, minus smoochy face...
LOL

I've been wanting to have short hair for ages, so this was exciting for me. I got my hair cut that night, and had it significantly shorter and with layers and a very different style. Next time I worked, I was prepping something and had my back turned when the manager walked in and froze. When I turned around she was like "OH! I was about to ask 'Who the heck are you?'! You got your hair cut!" It was hysterical XD. I also got told by a customer that I looked like Alice from Twilight XD lol too funny. And kind of true. I said 'Thanks!' because she is pretty and I like her character and my hair looks just like hers in New Moon, even if I'm not exactly a Twihard…

On Monday morning, my mom woke me up early with 'Get up! I'm taking you to the DMV!'. It was kind of a surprise, because she had somewhere to be that morning and I went to work at 11, but she cancelled what she had to do so I could get my license. I kind of had to have it by tomorrow (or else I wouldn’t have transportation to work…) so that was important. And since I was sane I passed with flying colors! Yes, I passed my drivers test before my 18th b-day. W00T XD lol. I was given a paper which is my temporary license until the real one shows up in the mail. And I have to replace it in a few months on my birthday, so if the picture is horrible at least I'm not stuck with it for two years like people who get their license the day they turn 16 :). Then we had to rush from the DMV so I made it to work on time, picking up a burger and some chicken nuggets on the way. Work has never been that busy. I'm in food service (;)) and we had two separate rushes that filled every single seat in the lobby, mostly kids from band camp who loved leaving disgusting messes on the floor. Immediately after my insanely fun work day, my dad took me to the insurance place and we got set up. In a couple months, the insurance payments begin. At least I'm on a family plan, so it doesn't cost me as much. That night, we went out to dinner to get Japanese (my dad suggested pizza in honor of me getting my license, but I upgraded). It was delicious, and the waiter was funny. He was cleaning a table nearby and found a ginormous wad of gum, and said "Why is it the kids they always take out the gum and put it under the table? Every time…" and he was good natured about it :) lol. I was thinking I know exactly what you mean, but I don't smile about it!. Then a huge crowd of people I used to take classes with at a cc walked in. It was interesting, but we finished eating and left without anyone yelling "HEY YOU! YOU WERE IN MY ENGLISH CLASS!". Not sure if I'm disappointed or glad, but it was interesting to see them from across a restaurant. I'd have said hello, but my parents and sister came together to treat me as a family, and I didn't want to detract from that act of kindness by running off to talk to other people.

Tuesday morning, I was told we needed to leave for work an hour early in order to avoid horrible traffic. A road is being repaved and it is a MESS. Then, it is time to go, and my dad asked 'Which car are you taking?'. So. Didn't see that coming. I drove by myself for the first time in a car with no air conditioning on a hot morning heading into traffic I was told was so terrible I'd have to leave an hour early. And this car tends to break down every time the sun shines. So he advised I turn the car off every time I stopped for ten seconds to try and keep it cool. I was panicking big time. What if I broke down? He'd be on a conference call, my mom and sister were elsewhere, and I'd be stuck. Well somebody big was smiling on me that morning, because I made it straight through, with the sign turning guy turning the sign from SLOW to STOP right after I passed. I was the last one from that side to pass him, and shot straight to work. I was there an hour early… lol. But apparently, they were leaving one side open for over thirty minutes, then opening the other, and swapping it that way. If I'd have left one minute later I'd have been stuck there. So that was one LUCKY morning. While at work, a regular customer invited me to a basketball game. I didn't think I'd get to go, because my mom hates basketball, but I asked the time and place anyway. When I got off of work, my mom called and was trying to tell me another way home. She said 'this'll take you where our old house was' and I was freaking out. I wasn't even old enough for preschool when we lived there, and I didn't even ALMOST remember it. So I asked her if she could call back with street names because I had no clue where the heck she was trying to send me, and she was kind enough to say 'sure!'. So she called later, gave me the back-roads directions, and I drove home in one piece with the radio blaring. It was a decent day :).

That night, I went to the b-ball game with my dad. It was a great game, really close, and we got along okay (even though we rooted for opposite teams). It was an interesting night...

Today I didn't work, and I'd worked four days straight that ended up being very long and full so I FINALLY GOT TO CATCH UP ON SLEEP. It was great, even though I woke up earlier than I meant to :). Watched a couple movies with my mom, and now I'm updating my blog. And I just remembered I have leftovers from the Japanese restaurant, so I think I'll go eat that :). Assuming anyone actually made it though this insanely long rambling post, thanks for taking the time to read, and sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've just been really busy :). And whadoya think of the title ;)?


I did eat the Japanese last night, and it was SO GOOD

3 comments:

Yeah, I have never seen Twilight, but I saw that picture and loved her hair! I'm sure it looks awesome on you! My hair is similar, a bit longer minus the bangs.
 
Congrats! Japanese food rocks.
 
Thanks! I'm sure yours looks awesome on you :). And yes, Japanese food rocks :)
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)