Monday, August 23, 2010

Mockingjay!

Today I got an email from Borders.com, telling me that my order for The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset is ON IT'S WAY!!! Many months ago, I read The Hunger Games in one night, not realizing it was part of a series, then hurried back to the library the next day to get Catching Fire, which I also read in one night.


I absolutely love this series; it is dystopian fiction, Katniss (the protagonist) is kick-a, and the world building is absolutely incredible. For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, the basic story takes place in a futuristic world where a corrupt government annually sends 24 randomly selected kids to fight to the death on live tv, and forces everyone to watch. Sound insane? It is :). I recommend this series to anyone, unless they can't stand a little blood. Have any of you read The Hunger Games? Are you psyched about Mockingjay too?

And P.S. Steph Su just did a post on Mockingjay (which contains spoilers from the first two books, so don't read it if you haven't read them), and included this awesome playlist, if you want to check it out :). I haven't gotten to listen to the entire list, but I love what I've heard and how it relates to the books!

5 comments:

LUCKY!!!!!!! Yesterday, just as I was about to fall asleep, I remembered that Mockingjay was coming out today!!!!!! SO EXCITED I'M GOING TO GO TO THE BOOKSTORE AND READ THE ENTIRE THING RIGHT THEN AND THERE. Okay, so, um... yeah, TELL US ALL ABOUT IT (w/as little spoilers as possible).

I absolutely LOVE that series! Have you read Suzanne Collins's other series--the Underland Chronicles? They're also great!

So how long is it going to take for the books to arrive?
 
:D :D :D!!! I think it's going to take a week (which will feel much longer, knowing that some people already have it.... AGHHH)... but at least when it arrives I'll own the whole series, instead of hitting the library over and over and over.... And don't worry, I hate spoilers and do my best not to share them, especially when it comes to a new release or an ARC or something.

I actually haven't read the Underland Chronicles (YET!) but one of my best friends has recommended them to me. It seems every time I go to the library the first couple books aren't there... (glad you mentioned that though, I'll see if I can get them on hold).

A whole week.... You might actually get to read Mockingjay before me, in which case pretty please DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING!!! (I can't stand spoilers... have I said that before? ;) lol) But do let me know you've read it and whether or not it was absolutely amazing! Glad to know another SK & HG fan :)!
 
Well...the first four chapters were amazing! I had to leave before I could finish it, and I've already bought too many books this year. (sadface) I can't wait to read the rest of it!
 
So jealous right now!!! XD. The Hunger Games trilogy is all I've bought book-wise in months, and before that it was SK books I've read twenty times before. I got a great deal: 20% off because it was a best-seller (and I pre-ordered), free shipping because it was expensive, and another discount I can't remember because I found a code, THEN I used a giftcard I was given for my.... 15th? b-day toward it. I ended up only paying $18 and something cents out of pocket, for a Boxset trilogy! That is like 6 dollars a book! :D. So I'm glad about that.... I just wish I could read it already! :D
 
IT JUST ARRIVED! But I'm not allowed to read it until I've cleaned the kitchen, and I have a video teleconference with my Physics teacher at 7pm.... after that, I refuse to put the books down until I've reread/read them all. Even if that means holding it while I make people's subs at work tomorrow morning!!! XD
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)