"You can only move as fast as,
who's in front of you,
so if you assume,
just like them,
what good will it do?
So find out for yourself,
so your ignorance,
will stop bleeding through"
Breathe Today-Flyleaf
I love how this song speaks against the follower mindset, and urges you to make your own choices, because you'll have to live with them: "I can only say what I've seen and heard, And only you can choose, And every choice you make will affect you, Suit your own self..." Lacey Mosely (leading lady of Flyleaf) has such an amazing voice, and in this song shows its power. The chorus cries out "So many lies swirling, All around you, You're suffocating, The empty shape in you, Steals your breath, You're suffocating. Breathe!"
You can listen to Breathe Today below :). What do you all think about this song? Any Flyleaf fans reading?
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*





9 comments:
So did you ever find out what kind of creature attacked you? That was one wild story...
The doctor first said "It may have been a yellow jacket or hornet", and my Mom said 'They don't normally take out a CHUNK of flesh', and I added "Plus it was HUGE and BLACK, and I've been stung by a yellow jacket before and barely got a red bump". After more discussion and poking my arm more, he revised his theory to either a BLACK jacket or wasp. I'm voting for wasp (or a spider he doesn't know exists). And yes, it was wild. My lovely family was telling me to stop making so much noise and my sister fussed at me for splashing her because they didn't realize what'd happened.... it's actually kind of funny to think about now XD. "Stop yelling! Why are you shaking the kayak!?!? AAAH! You got me wet!" LOL wow.
By the way, I really like the piano part in the intro to the song Resistance (well, I like the whole song, but especially the piano). It has some Spanish seasoning at the end of the phrase.
Logan, I agree, it is truly beautiful... my older sister (who hasn't taken piano lessons, and doesn't know proper technique at all) plays piano by ear, and picks out songs occasionally on the keys, and the other day she played that intro and it was wonderful... Have you listened to any other songs by Muse? There is such variety in their style (kind of Queen, especially United States of Eurasia... that song SCREAMS Queen). I mean, Starlight is so beautiful and slower and heart wrenching, while Uprising is empowering and high energy (very revolutionary), Knights of Cydonia sounds like a western movie, and I Belong to You sounds French (and has some French lines)… definitely a variety of influences going on there.
Oh, and I just tagged you!
Shaynie, she definitely has a unique voice... XD, kind of love it or hate it. And thanks for the tag, I'll do it asap. Things are a bit crazy right now, but I'll try my hardest to have it up within three days.
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)