Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Music That Moves Me: I Want You To

"So much pain,
May come our way,
There may come a day
when we have nothing left to say…
When the conversation stops,
And we're facing our defeat,
I'll be next to you and you'll be right there next to me,
And I'll say "Girl!
If you're wondering,
If I want you to,
I want you to,
I swear it's true,
Without you,
My heart is blue" "

I Want You To-Weezer


The other night we were watching dancing with the stars, and it was the first time I'd seen the show. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, when through the wall I heard I Want You To, by Weezer. The song literally moved me, since I ran into the main room and was jumping around and dancing like a total idiot. My left knee cap slid (which happens to me sometimes and hurts horribly), and I just danced around on my right leg and completely ignored the pain because IT WAS MAH JAM!!! When the song ended, I realized my mouth was still full of toothpaste so went back into the bathroom and spit it out, then was limping around all night :-P.

Anyway, I love this song, because it tells a very real, sweet story. My sister calls it 'the meatloaf song' because of this section "I took you to best buy, you took me home to meet your mom and dad… your mom cooked meatloaf, even though I don't eat meat… I dug you so much, I took some for the team… your dad was silent, his eyes were fixed on what was on tv…" The song tells a realistic humorous story, and what makes me love it so much is the part I quoted at the top. He knows that things will get hard, but he also knows they'll be there for each other through it all. You can listen to this fun upbeat story of a song here (even though this vid isn't that great... listen is the key word):




Also, the official music video isn't in sync with the lyrics of the song AT ALL, which is why I didn't post it. Most fans were disappointed, and I'm among them :(. Anyway, did any of you enjoy the song? :D Love it, hate it, want to date it? Can you tell I'm hyper? Anything? :D Comment if you like :),

--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."


´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

4 comments:

I haven't heard this song until now. You introduce me to all kinds of cool music :) I'm gonna be humming this trying to go to sleep tonight :P :)
 
Again, music I have never heard of! You rock, Elizabeth. :)
 
Wow, I love this song. Now it's going to be stuck in my head...
 
Camellia Day- Me too!
Shaynie- Aw, thanks! :D
Samwise- You're welcome ;)
...and now it is stuck in MY head again...XD. Thanks you three for commenting! YOU rock :)
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)