How do YOU dance? When I got home from prom and started talking about it, my mom wanted to know how I danced on the floor, and I honestly don't know. I don't know 'how to dance', I just wing it… I have no idea how stupid I look, but I'm okay with looking stupid because I'm having fun AND getting exercise! :D lol. I don't exactly practice… I actually haven't felt like dancing in a long while (once upon a time, I danced in the kitchen every dang day while I listened to the radio and got food or cleaned or something). Haha, now I'm rambling. Starting over. Prom day was fairly interesting, and the first thing I did was get my hair done. I was about to fall asleep the whole time, but managed not to. The woman who did my hair is incredibly nice, and I got my entire head curled, then pinned up… it is kind of hard to describe, and I don't have any 'pre-prom-destruction' pics, but here are some 'I already went to bed but couldn't sleep and my head has been under a blanket' pics:

The photographer was nice, but I kept having to refocus him-we just wanted a basic full length shot, and he wanted me to lay on the floor on this fuzzy white thing and look up at the camera, along with other interesting poses I knew we wouldn't wind up keeping. My mom shocked me with her patience-she only gave him ugly looks, and let me do the polite redirecting. After quite a while, we were finally finished, and it came time to make a decision. We were starving, the dude kept trying to add effects to the pictures, and we were tired, so momma asked if we could come back another day and make up our minds which shot we want printed (we'll do that Wednesday). Afterward, I changed back into the sundress, and we tried to figure out where to eat, and realized it was SATURDAY and that Olive Garden and Macaroni grill would be insanely packed, so we tried Texas Roadhouse and there was a line outside in the rain. The only place we knew we'd be seated before prom was OVER was Golden Corral, which wasn't exactly my first choice, but I ate some nice bourbon chicken and rice, and some fried shrimp, and I saw two girls in prom dresses there so I wasn't alone in my prom dinner choice. My mom and sister(she met us there) talked about work the whole time, and they are CNAs, so it was an interesting conversation for dinner xD lol. We left a little after prom started, which I was fine with, especially because I was planning on slipping in and changing in the restroom before being seen. That did not happen. The prom photographer was in a room off the same hall as the bathroom, but before it, so I wound up walking past every stinking body else, who were all in line for photos. Haha, wasn't what I planned, but I did make it to the bathroom and changed, and then joined my friends who were already in line for pictures (and had been waiting for 30 minutes already, so showing up late did work out in way). After we got our individual shots taken, it was almost time for senior recognition, so she told us to come back for the group shot later. We danced some, and then it was time for the senior class to be recognized, and there were tons of seniors! I was kind of surprised by the size of the graduating class, and the photographer was determined to get us all in one picture, so after being recognized we lined up, tall girls sitting in chairs in the front, then the shorter people (girls and some guys), then the medium/taller people in the back (mostly guys, since the tall girls were sitting). I didn't know if I was tall or not, so I just stood for a while, then she pointed at me and another girl and asked us to sit, and the guy behind me said 'she's a tall girl, she's taller than me!', so I guess within that group I'm on the tall side (but I don't think 5'7" is tall, and my heels weren't very high… do you?). Long story short, she eventually made us all squish and she walked across to the other end of the dance floor to take the shot. And then we were FREE!!! Haha, I danced almost every song, only missing those that played when they were setting up tables outside because the rain stopped and I offered to help dry them off (they were soaked!). I knew several people, and danced with the group I've come with the past couple years, which included Henry and Kels (I've known her since… 4th grade!). Haha, when a guy from my physics class asked how I knew her, I said 'she's mah bud' xD. Here's us:
So yeah, this ties in with the whole 'I don't know HOW to dance but I like it' intro ;). The music was better than last year, when they played a lot of Christian rock (which I enjoy listening to, but dancing? Heh, no). So yeah, I danced all night and jumped up and down and did the cha cha slide and laughed at myself and had a great time :D. After prom, I was determined to do SOMETHING (I'd brought a car so I could do whatever and stay out late, preferably get icecream), but Kels and two other girls had to go home, and Henry said he had to get home, and four of us were game for something, so Henry (who lived really close to the venue) invited us over to his house for icecream. I accidentally drove past it (and had passengers), but we turned around and got there in no time xD LOL, my bad. Then it was me, R(girl), D, M, and Henry(all guys) just sitting around and talking movies and music and Twilight and M. Night and whatever while eating icecream, and it was a lot of fun :). The time after prom and the time talking with the guy from my physics class and Kels were probably my favorite parts of prom, aside from dancing :D. When it was really late, we split up and headed out, and after I'd been on the road awhile I realized that I couldn't find my purse, which contained my phone, and I was supposed to call when I was on my way home. So I got off at an exit, went to a well lit Wendy's parking lot, checked the car thoroughly, then turned around and headed back to Henry's, positive that I'd left it on top of my car when I was unlocking the door, and hoping it fell off in the driveway. When I got there, I walked around the driveway barefoot, couldn't find it, and went to get back in the car, when I saw it sitting in the corner of my stinking seat. I'd been sitting on it the whole time. It was purple and silk and kind of matched my dress, which makes it semi-forgivable, but yeah. Yay me and yay for my big ol' butt. So, very relieved and thanking God that I didn't lose the purse, camera, license, debit card, and phone on the interstate, I called my mom and said I was 'leaving Henry's now', cause I was xD lol. Eventually I made it home (like 1:40 something), and told her about my purse near-disaster and how great prom was :). And, as a plus, my hair stayed up and solid the whole night! It didn't bother me at all, which was great, because it is short and full of layers but she managed to get it up and secure. 'How?', you may ask! Well, after I took the pics of my hair from above, I took my hair down, and kept finding more and more and more bobby pins (which I didn't even provide). Here is the hardware that kept my hair up:
And here is a very blurry and oddly lit picture of me yesterday evening, after sleeping for hours:
Haha, hope this post didn't bore you too much-I really had a great time and my calves are killing me, and I only have one regret (which is more like a 'if I'd have known x, I would have done y, so I don't feel guilty or anything because I just didn't know). Definitely the best prom I've been to ;). I couldn't sleep until past 8:30am, and wound up reading The Replacement (which I mostly enjoyed, though I couldn't really connect with Mackie :) ). I also washed all the hairspray out of my head yesterday, and this is what my hair NORMALLY looks like (taken this morning, sorry I look ticked... I almost always look ticked in pictures xD lol):
(Bleah, do you see what I meant about it being kind of choppy with random pieces doing whatever they want? lol :) ). Anyway, I've got to run and make some guacamole (long story). Talk to you wonderful people later, and thanks for reading :D!
Then I came home, and my mom and I did my makeup, and we wound up going over the time we'd mentally allotted and were late for the photo studio (but the photographer was okay with it, fortunately). When I got there, I changed into my prom dress (I'd been wearing a stretchy sundress thing from the beach all day, even though it was raining and storming… lol, poor planning, but it worked out okay because it wasn't too cold). Here is the dress-brace yourselves, it has personality ;):





7 comments:
I love your dress too! :]
Hm, I think you look about your age; I know at least one girl who looks older than she is (14), partly because she's around 5'11"...and then there's another girl I know who's around 18, but she was only about 4'11" when I saw her last. Bleh, now I'm rambling again. Anyway, it's nice to hear you had a good time; from what you've written, it seems your life has been fairly rough at times, so it's good that all your memories won't be bad ones. :)
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)