Monday, April 25, 2011

I've Opened an Etsy! (and a giveaway? maybe?)

I hope you had a wonderful Easter everyone! In addition to receiving candy from my mother and watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince a couple times, and watching the Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice on TV, I didn't do much beyond mess around with making jewelry. I used to make it when I was a child, and thought it was brilliant, but I've stopped myself from buying materials for a couple years, telling myself 'you don't have money to waste' every time I was in a store with a crafting section. The other day my mom was getting my graduation picture custom framed at Michael's, EG, crafting heaven. Because my job kind of… dissolved, because I just wasn't 'wild and raunchy' enough, I've been running low on money, and been thinking a lot about getting an Etsy and starting the old jewelry biz back up. Standing in Michael's, I completely gave in, and decided that it was time to take that plan and turn it into action! My pictures are horrible, people, but I've opened up a shop on Etsy! I only have seven items listed now, but thought that was a good starting number (it's my lucky number after all! and yes, I'm unoriginal when it comes to lucky numbers)





I promise the pieces are prettier in real life (and kind of wish I could keep each piece, but am showing will power and selling them)! Anyway, if you're looking for some jewelry and have some time online, I'm keeping prices fairly low! The money will go toward my Food Fund-I can't currently afford the required freshman meal plan at the college I'm attending in the fall, which totally sucks xD lol. Anyway, just thought you all might be interested.

P.S. My next post is my 100th! I'm thinking about a giveaway… interested? If so, you have to comment and let me know ;).

14 comments:

Great! Good for you. But, what is an Etsy??
 
Etsy is a site where you can buy and sell handmade items, vintage items, or crafting supplies :). I'm selling handmade jewelry (though I've also bought it multiple times though Etsy-it's a great site!). And thanks! :D lol. Click the link in the post to see my shop, and from there you can further explore the site!
 
The detail in these photos is pretty good. :)
A food fund?! I'm wondering whether I should say "Wow" or "Ouch." A giveaway, hm...give me a high-five through the screen. ;-)

BTW, do you prefer to not have comment moderation on? One of the reasons I have it is because it allows me to cut down on the extra step of word verification, which makes it a bit easier for people leaving comments. Just curious.

Raja-Man,
An Etsy shop is where you sell your handmade crats and other things. For instance, jewelry, puppets, anything like that that's handcrafted.
 
@Max :). LOL, yeah... through some miraculous financial aid, I've got tuition and housing completely covered, but at this point if I showed up I'd have classes to go to and no way to eat! LOL... trying to keep in mind I have a couple months to get it together.

Well, I've never wanted to do comment moderation, just because I know I like the freedom to comment and see immediately that it's posted… idk why, but I prefer it. I didn't realize, however, that you all had to do the word verification! I don't when I comment here, so I assumed you didn't have to… is there a way to remove that? Lol, guess I'll find out. Thanks for supporting my first giveaway! Kind of excited :). Haha, just gave you a virtual high-five! xD
 
Haha, Elizabeth, not only did you beat me to the punch, I wrote "handmade crats."
Here I am, the purveyor of useless information. :)
 
That information wasn't useless, and I totally knew what you meant despite the typo :). I'm the queen of typos, actually, which is why I type all comments and posts and emails and just about everything in Word or OneNote so I can do spell check, and then copy and paste :D. Now you know my secret to proper spelling xD lol… I just don't trust myself enough to send words out into the universe without double checking that each one is spelled correctly!
 
Typos, typos...I'm a decent speller otherwise.
Ah, I see.
I think you can turn word verification off, but it's recommended by Blogger to reduce spam.

12:12am...man, getting up at 5:30 is going to be hard.
 
Yikes, I'm sorry you have to get up so early :/. I'm a night owl myself, so whenever I would have to get up early in the morning (like on Wednesdays for physics class, which starts at 7:45), I usually wind up pulling an all nighter instead xD lol. Why do you have to get up that early?
 
A: Tuesday morning Bible study (but you know that by know).
 
Oops; by now.
 
Those earrings look pretty! :) I like earrings even though I don't wear them.
It's great that you opened an Etsy. I'd like to have an Etsy myself, but I don't know what to sell. Haha :D
 
they. are. BEAUTIFULLLLL!! I'd love a giveaway!!
 
Awesome! :D :D
 
Thanks so much Antonia, HGL, and Shaynie! Haha, my sister used to have pierced ears, but always forgot to wear earrings, then recently she got five more holes in her ears (now three and three on the lobes, plus a cartilage), and since she got more holes she's actually keeping them full! I find it hysterical that she couldn't keep up with two, but CAN keep up with seven xD LOL.
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)