Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Personality Type

Hey everyone! A while back when I took psychology at a local college, I had to take several different personality tests and an IQ test, then analyze the results. In the Myers-Briggs personality test, I was an INTJ-introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging(click the link to learn more). Well, the lovely Bleah just posted her results for a personality test, and I thought it would be fun to take it and see if I got different results this time (since that was almost two years ago!). Well, I really didn't xD. Here was my summary:



"Your personality type: "Independent Thinker" Independent, original, analytical and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders."


"Careers that could fit you include: Scientists, engineers, professors, teachers, medical doctors, dentists, corporate strategists, organization founders, business administrators, managers, military, lawyers, judges, computer programmers, system analysts, computer specialists, psychologists, photographers, research department managers, researchers, university instructors, chess players"




"Renowned persons with similar personality types: • Julius Caesar Augustus, Roman emperor • Donald Rumsfeld, former U.S. secretary of defense • Dwight D. Eisenhower, American president • Isaac Newton, astronomer • Jane Austen, author • Thomas Jefferson, American president"


See that image up there? Well, look at the four traits I'm closest to xD. INTJ, all the way! You can take the quiz yourself >here<. I'd love to know what all of you are, and the test is fast and easy! :D. If you take it, post about it, and then command me to check it out, okay? :).

8 comments:

:) I got your comment. And that sounds just like you! :DDD
 
Hey, I took the quiz. I'm actually really surprised with my results, but here they are!

http://www.41q.com/index.41q?a=1
 
if these results are correct...we are...in away...opposites...
 
Gosh, thank you Bleah! The commenting thing was annoying the shtuffing out of me! And yeah, I think it is dead on (my personality type also has issues with romantic relationships, because I try and see the reason behind everything approach situations logically instead of just feeling… haha yeah).

I can't see your results Lauren :(. The link just takes me to the quiz, so I guess you can't link directly to your results. And did it surprise you in a good way or a bad way? :)


Yes, Raja-Man, we pretty much are… lol :). In the extrovert/introvert and thinking/feeling areas, anyway. I have to admit that I tend to… actually, I'll quote the therapist: "You're so busy helping other people deal with their feelings and being their personal counselor, you've stuck your own feelings in a Tupperware container and hidden it in a closet, saying 'nope, I don't have time to deal with all that, so I'm just leaving it in there for now'"… lol, I plead guilty xD.
 
thanks for the comment and nice look! i watch them at various places! Anime Season is one of my favorites! Just Google ! (:
 
My personality type, according to the test, is "Dynamic Thinker", but I must have messed the test up then, since I do not excel in public speaking, and lots of people watching me speak has generally made me nervous. I'm going to have to take it again and see if I get a different result if I think a bit more and choose different answers.
 
I'm a Dreamy Idealist:

"Quiet, reflective and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people."

I'm not sure if this really fits. Some things are true, some things aren't.

I love your new blog design! And you looked gorgeous at prom :) (I read the post, forgot leave a comment and then it was gone...)
 
Thanks Kenzie, I'll be sure to check it out asap!

Hmm… lemme know what you get if you take it again Max. I'm curious :)

Hey Antonia! That's really interesting! When I first took it, I was shocked at how perfectly mine fit me (down to defying authority and being horrible in the romance department). Aw, thanks (about me at prom and my design! :D). Yeah, I took the post down for a couple security related reasons-sorry about that. I hope it will go up again soon :). Thanks to all three of you for commenting! I find the 16 types really interesting :D
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)