Friday, April 15, 2011

Life is Sweet!

I'm once again joining up with the Life is Sweet meme over at Shilah, a monthly post of ten things that are making your life sweet! Things definitely aren't perfect right now, but there are always things to be grateful for, and focusing on them is a great exercise for a positive mindset :)

Life Is Sweet


Here they are, ten things that are sweetening up my little corner of the universe:



  1. I'm in the process of scheduling an interview for the academic society I keep blathering about, and I'm nervous and psyched!

  2. The other day, I over drafted on my bank account, but my mom was there for me while I bawled like a baby and helped me move some funds from a different account, and got me back in the black right before midnight (at which point I would have been hit with some serious over drafting fees). I was completely freaking, and am now going to not spend money, but I'm really fortunate that she was there for me and my accounts are in order again.

  3. PROM being completely awesome! (posted on it, but it's gone for now)

  4. I'm only 1 month and two weeks away from graduation!!!!

  5. [Lauren] got into the great high school she wanted!!! I know, it isn't my life, but the news really brought me joy for her :D. WAY TO GO LAUREN! :D.

  6. I had therapy on Wednesday, which was long overdue... she gave me some great tips about how to avoid conflicts with my mom without being a doormat, and helped me to realize that constantly supporting my mom and emotionally carrying her on my shoulders(even when I think she's wrong) is doing me more harm than good. She also helped me to feel better about college, which is great :).

  7. My dad and I are getting along fairly well. Civil. Couple days ago I had to run around and get blood drawn and a CT scan, which meant hanging around the city for hours, and he was still willing to take me. Then he got me a mocha frappe, which was nice, and we hung out at a local park for two hours in between the two cups of Kool-Aid and contrast dye I had to drink. He was on his laptop, and I was reading, but we did talk all about Celebrity Apprentice and other things, and the weather was beautiful in the park, so it was kind of surreal. For a day full of doctors and pain, it was pretty great :). I love being outside :).

  8. My converse (did I mention them last time?). I am just so completely in love with my shoes. They're so durable and awesome and comfortable and PERFECT. I'm so glad I decided to splurge and get them for myself!

    And Peanut likes them too!
    xD lol

  9. My trashy rock radio station :D. Haha, they're having a 'M.I.L.F' contest: 'Mom's I'd like to ,uh, feel good about knowing' as the commercial says. ANYWAY, despite some of the crap that winds up there sometimes, that station really does the have the best music ever. I woke up this morning to I Will Not Bow (jeesh, now I'm hearing BB everywhere! :D lol), and got to hear Avenged Sevenfold and Red Hot Chili Peppers… it introduced me to Cage the Elephant, and plays some of my favorites like Flyleaf and Linkin Park. Just a solid station overall (oh, and plays a surprising amount of Christian rock-which I think is awesome of them, because they just play great music, regardless, you know? Skillet and Flyleaf and I think I heard TFK once!). AAAHHH, THEY JUST STARTED PLAYING SHAKE ME DOWN! DAS MAH JAMM!!!

  10. The weather starting toward amazing-it's insanely bipolar, with storms and coldness followed by temperatures in the 80's, but I am so ready for 'real' spring it is maddening. What tastes of it I've had have been so wonderful it's cruel! I snagged a couple pictures of the first flowers I saw several weeks ago, and here they are now:




And, as you may or may not have noticed, I've decided to go ahead and put up my spring look (I meant to do it ages ago, but then the weather went wacko and I was thinking about waiting for my new signature, but I know I'll get that soon enough and really want to set it up! Click on over and tell me what you think? And if you don't like it as much as the old one, say so-I'm game for anything :). So, what's making YOUR life sweet right now? If you can't think of anything, try making a list-like I said at the top, it's a great exercise :). Well, I've gotta run-talk to you all later! :D

11 comments:

1) Those flower photos are pretty nice; I like the lavender colors in the top flowers. You're still using a point & shoot, right?
2) Nice shoes. :)
3) It's nice to hear that things are going decently for you, with an upcoming graduation and other stuff.
4) The new blog design looks pretty good.
5) Although I don't know what it is, contrast dye doesn't sound very good, and I don't think Kool-Aid tastes good either, so... :p
6) Your prom post might be gone from your blog, but it's not gone to me; I can still click the link to view it from my Blogger Dashboard in the "Blogs I'm Following" box. Hehe. I have a feeling that you might not like that bit of news...
7) Things that make my life "sweet":
My job is not bad and is making me a little cash, my car is working, I'm not sick, and my birthday is coming up next month. No wait, scratch that out; turning 19 will be even more boring than all of my recent birthdays, if that's possible...no offense to anyone who's 19, but at 21 I can get a handgun and a concealed carry permit and other stuff (not that I plan on drinking). At 18 you can vote and own a rifle/shotgun/pistol if given to you and only kept at home, and at 20 you aren't a teen anymore - not that that's particularly significant.

I'm going to end this and go to sleep in a couple of minutes; as it is, reading this will probably make you start falling asleep.
 
Update: this latest post doesn't show up in my Blogger Dashboard, so if I stop following your blog and then follow it again (which I'll haveto do to get blog updates), it would probably be there and the other post (which must be cached) would likely disappear...
 
Aw, yay, shout out! :D Thanks! And I love your shoes, and omg dsfkjfhdkhjgf. your dog. Want. <3 I looove dashunds. <333

And woah, I've never heard BB OR Avenged Sevenfold on the radio! Lucky!
 
Wow. The new blog look is AMAZING.
I think the list is a great idea, maybe I should try that!

Your dog is amazingly cute, by the way.
 
Max-
1) Yep, still using my old HP Photosmart R742… aka the little digital camera that got punch on it at prom last year xD. Thanks-I really like that color as well :). I took about 50 pictures of that flower, and my camera only focused properly about 4 times, so I'm getting increasingly frustrated with it (especially since I'm a close-up freak!). I AM going to need food while in college, though, so until/unless I find a decent job, I can't splurge on a camera :/.
2) I know right?!?! lol, thanks :D
3) And 4) thanks for both :).
5) Yeah, I can't stand Kool-aid, or anything cherry flavored, so combine bitter medicine with cherry Kool-aid and you get something rather barfworthy.
6) HOPEFULLY it is gone now… I'd relocated it, which I thought would change the url, but now it has been taken down. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm so glad to hear that work is going well, and that your car isn't giving you trouble! Haha, I know what you mean about it being an in between birthday… I've always thought 14, 17, and 19 seemed like in-between years (13 is first teen, 15 is drivers permit, 16 is drivers license, and 18&up you already summed up pretty well) :). It's no less worthy of celebration though-you've been around for a whole 19 years after all! Happy early birthday, Max :)
 
Thanks Lauren :). And congrats again on getting in! (that totally rhymed… yay me! xD LOL). And yes, I have the best radio station ever :D. Though my mom kind of fusses sometimes… lol xD.

Thanks Lia!! It's basically a daytime version of my first template, which I absolutely loved, and I thought it was spring/summery ^_^. When he gets back from his walk, I'm totally telling Peanut you called him cute ;) lol. Thanks to all three of you for commenting! I have the best followers ever :D!
 
Awesome! Love your new blog design! I'm also loving your converse! <3
 
Yep, it's gone now, even though the post title is still there; after clicking the link, here's what I got:
Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog A Collection of Reflections does not exist.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I like your spring one better! not that i didnt like your other one, its just that i live in florida so i like the flowery green cheerfulness!
 
Thanks Shaynie! Haha, converse are da bomb xD.

Good! Thanks so much for checking that out for me Max :)!

HG lover, thanks! I'm trying to take control of my life and attitude right now, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this look cheerful :D.
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)