Sunday, April 17, 2011

Music that Moves Me: New Low

"I cannot help feeling like I have so much at stake
So I lock myself inside my head and I just run in place
So many directions I don't know which way to go
I'm so busy doing nothing I got nothing to show

I got a new low, all 52 cards in a row
I see now that I won't let go
No I won't let go

Well who am I, a cold shoulder used to cry
You feel bad, well so do I
Yeah so do I

I've been right, I've been left
I've been wrong, I've been left behind
I've been up, but mostly down (x2)

I make mistakes just like everybody else
But instead of letting go of it, I can't forgive myself
I did my time in a windowless box
Like it or not
All I got now is today
Tomorrow aint here
Yesterday is gone dead on me anyway

I've been right, I've been left
I've been wrong, I've been left behind
I've been up, but mostly down (x4)"-New Low, Middle Class Rut


Why do I love this song… it's just perfect to me. It describes exactly where I am right now, surrounded and overwhelmed by a million things I have to do and constantly feeling like I've accomplished nothing. Constantly being other people's shoulder to cry on, when all I want to do is cry myself, but I can't because I have to be strong for others. I've had rough times, and amazing times, but mostly rough. My mistakes keep me awake for days in a row, I'm such an obsessed perfectionist. And yet, all I have, right now, is today. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow isn't here yet, so I just need to focus and take each day as it comes. I'm determined to change my own life, to make it what I want it to be, to cause the amazing times to overtake the rough ones. I'm going to focus on what makes my life sweet and do everything I can to make that list longer! Anyway, this is one of those songs that you sometimes just need to hear-when you're feeling like bad has gone to worse, and just need a chill song that seems to understand.


Hope you guys enjoyed it-regardless of whether or not you can relate, I really think it's a great song, and like the style of the sound :). And am I the only one that feels like I haven't done a music post in ages?

2 comments:

Amazingly awesome lyrics!!
 
I agree Shaynie! Thanks for commenting :).
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)