The scavenger hunt (created by Kendra of Carpe Diem) has now passed, and my searching for clues all though the night payed off! I managed to get 1st place!
Bleah from With Love and Kisses created this, and I think she did a wonderful job :).In other news, while I was volunteering at the library book sale (mentioned briefly here) I bought some new (for me) books! The hardbacks were 50¢, and the paperbacks and children's books were only 25¢, and after 2pm you could get as many books as you could stuff in a grocery bag for $2! I ended up with a nice 12 books, and while I could have gotten more, I was in a hurry to get home and change for work :-P. I read the summaries of all of these, and they sounded decent, so I'll see!
The one I'm most interested in reading right now is Ambergate, by Patricia Elliot. The snippet on the back gave me goosebumps and sucked me right in!

Plus, I love this cover :). The other book I'm interested in is The Graveyard Book, which I've heard positive things about :). Most of these were snagged from the juvenile fiction section, but the bottom two are different. I loved taking philosophy last year, and two years before that, and so when I saw a book on Neitzche I was very intrigued. It is fiction mixed with some facts, and is a blend of philosophy and psychoanalysis.
Also, one of the colleges I'm currently considering is Wake Forest University, so when I saw a book on the development of the medical school, I had to get it :D. The only problem with having all these books is WAITING to read them. I have lots of homework and we're about to leave for vacation and I'm feeling sick... really sick. I had to call out of work this morning :(. However, once I'm done with cleaning house and packing and get some homework done, I think I'll actually get to read for fun!!! And now, I have some books to choose from :). Can't wait to dig in! Are any of you familiar with any of these books? And what about those prices? :D.
Thanks for reading,
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*





1 comments:
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)