Friday, September 17, 2010

Good News... Life is Insane... And I'm Really Sorry X-| (in reverse)

Before I start rambling, I'd like to apologize to everyone whose blog I follow. I promise I'm reading your posts, I just haven't had time to breathe much less comment! Also, thanks and sorry to those who have taken the time to comment, I really appreciate it and will respond asap. And fyi, Leanna from Violet Reaction is currently running a September special at her Etsy! She sells some beautiful handmade jewelry, and you can see the details on >this< post. And this beautiful jewelry can make a great gifts, so you males might be interested as well :).

A while ago I received some great news, but wasn't allowed to share until the 15th (then didn't have time!), so in a moment I'll spill the beans on that. This week has been, and will continue to be, crazy. Thursday, I was gone all day (went to the doctors, running errands, eating way too much at Red Lobster, etc.). Friday, I worked a 9-4, which was insanely busy. Lines of customers to the door, all day long. I'm glad for the hours, and was shown trust by my manager (I drove to a local school to deliver a teachers lunch, because it was missing from their weekly order, and ran like a crazy person) and a supervisor (she told another worker she wasn't needed, because she wanted me on the line instead, though I was off the clock. I stayed an hour later than scheduled to help out, and it was actually greatly appreciated :D). I didn't get to eat until 4:30, when I was home, then a couple hours later got online for the first time for over a day (gasp!). I had 22 unread items in google reader, and I actually took the time to read them all, so if I follow your blog I'm sorry I haven't been commenting, but I have most definitely been reading! Today, I had a store meeting at 7:30am (which I attended with wet hair, but afterward I went to our bathroom and used the super powerful hand dryer to blow dry my hair. Boss man laughed at me... lol), then I volunteered at a library book sale from 9-3 (came home with tons of books, respect for a woman I never knew before, and a smile on my face, which is miraculous). When I got home, I ate and changed, then worked a 4:30-9... so insanity. I haven't touched my homework, and I have to have an essay written this week for an application for finalist standing in the National Merit Scholarship competition... which is my good news!

The National Merit Scholarship Program is open to high school juniors taking the PSAT, which is why I took it during Junior year along with the SAT. My dad's rule was 'one test a year', but I begged for him to let me take two in Junior year, and he relented. (Freshman: PSAT. Sophomore: SAT. Junior: PSAT and SAT. Senior(aka THIS year): SAT). I made the top 16,000 (out of the 1.5 million juniors who took the test), which makes me a semi-finalist. Basically, once I fill out the application for finalist standing, I SHOULD become a finalist (fingers crossed! It is mostly based on grades, and mine are decent, so I should be okay). After that, it is a scholarship competition. I'll just see if I get anything :). Tomorrow night I work, then I have Monday off (so I guess I'll be doing an entire week's worth of homework in a day..... JOY TO THE WORLD!). Next weekend I'm taking off on vacation, so I might write my Music that Moves Me post ahead of time and schedule it, then just keep you updated on the trip when I can. I'll figure it out when I'm not as brain dead. I just wanted to let the world know I'm alive and... (well, not quite well, I'm on the verge of being sick)... so I'll just leave it at alive.
Also, I'd like to thank YOU Eldarwen, Kendra, and Camellia Dayla for following! It was such a wonderful surprise to log on and see you're following, and I hope that you enjoy what you read here!

P.S. Camellia, I saw on your profile that you'd like to go into suicide prevention. You might be interested in (if you're not already familiar with) To Write Love on Her Arms, a charity with a similar goal which I greatly admire :).



--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."


´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

2 comments:

Wow, you have been really busy, Elizabeth!!!
 
Just a little bit... lol XD. On Saturday, though, time should stop for a about a week (heading to the beach, thankfully!) so I'm planning on catching my breath from all this rushing around :). I actually forgot about the annual vacation until I looked at my work schedule and realized I had the weekend off... and even then it took me a while to figure out WHY… lol :-P
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)