Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Labor Day Monday! I'm planning on posting some pictures from mine tomorrow. I went fishing with my family, and got some great laughs and a few pretty pictures :). Last night, I decided not to do my Music that Moves Me post, because I was absolutely exhausted and couldn't walk without bumping into walls... I went to sleep at 8, believe it or not. Sorry if by some chance any of you were waiting on it, but here it is now!
"I looked out this morning,
and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
Then lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes, and I slipped away...
It's more than a feeling
When I hear that old song they used to play
And I begin dreamin'"
More Than a Feeling-Boston
Have you ever heard a song, only to be taken completely away, to another place, another time? It is absolutely amazing how music can bring back memories, clearer than any picture, as if you were still there :). That happened to me a couple days ago, and when I heard this Boston favorite on the radio today I found myself smiling at how true it was.
"I looked out this morning,
and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
Then lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes, and I slipped away...
It's more than a feeling
When I hear that old song they used to play
And I begin dreamin'"
More Than a Feeling-Boston
Have you ever heard a song, only to be taken completely away, to another place, another time? It is absolutely amazing how music can bring back memories, clearer than any picture, as if you were still there :). That happened to me a couple days ago, and when I heard this Boston favorite on the radio today I found myself smiling at how true it was.
Have you ever found yourself completely taken away by a song? Have memories ever seemed more real than what's around you?
P.S. Thanks sam and CupcakeSniper for following, and Samwise, Shaynie, and Kendra for the comments!
--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*





4 comments:
I have absolutely had a song that just made me struck in awe.
**Thanks so much for following my blog!
-Kenz :)
Michelle/Kenz- what do you prefer to be called? And no problem, your blog is great! I'm a hesitant follower; I tend to follow anonymously or lurk before following publicly, so if I decide I don't like a blog I don't have to un-follow
(and make the blog owner wonder what the heck they did to lose a follower!). Anyway, I'm glad you liked the song! :D
Shaynie: Boston is amazing, and the founder was an MIT nerd, which intensifies the awesomeness :). As for looking for inspiring music, we all should! Music has the amazing power to influence mood, and listening to depressing music when upset can sometimes make things worse (OR you can feel like someone else gets it… depending on the person and song). But songs that empower and uplift, anthems for strength… they are my favorites :).
Thank you all so much for commenting, it makes my day :).
Post a Comment
Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)