Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tagged by Shaynie! Crazy 8s

Shaynie over at The Book Blog tagged me! And here are my answers:

8 Books I've Read Recently...

Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games
The Last Apprentice (series, can't remember individual titles that well…. lol)
The Last Dragon
Rogue's Home (a Knight and Rogue novel)
A college application I was mailed (which was big enough to BE a book)
My mom (a closed book, for the most part)

8 Songs or Albums I Listen to All the Time...(Recently :))

Animal-Neon Trees
Starlight-Muse
The Only Exception-Paramore
Ain't No Rest for the Wicked-Cage the Elephant
Go On- B. Reith
Comatose-Skillet
Runaway-Bon Jovi
Mess of Me-Switchfoot

8 Things I Love...


My best friend
My family
Music
Books
Converse
Boots
Staring at the stars
Not feeling so alone...

8 Things I've Learned This Year...

-Patience. I tend to have a sharp tongue and little patience with anyone. Getting told I'm a moron and cussed out and asked what rock I crawled out from under because I dared to ask a woman "Would you like this sub toasted?" while at work… I didn't know I could stand there and smile -while she insulted my every breath for ten minutes. YAY ME 0.0
-That FTW means "For the win!". I thought it meant something else entirely until… two days ago? NICE TO KNOW.
-I've got a support team I didn't expect. I was so worried about making it through the college application process alone, but unexpected allies, women I consider friends who were once my teachers, have leapt to my aid. It warms my heart to know that they care that much about my future… and it makes me emotional, and grateful and uplifted… hard to explain :).
-Not eating for a day because you are lazy and don't feel like it is stupid. You will feel sick and weak. Trust me.
-Blogging isn't near as intimidating as I thought it would be (the many months I put off starting it!).
-That I might actually not be a terrible artist… when I was younger I took art class and drew a lot, and was good at it, but then at some point I stopped. Everything has inspired me to try again :).
-My friend (let's call him Henry, shall we?) is absolutely amazing. I've known that for longer than THIS year of course, but this has been an important year in my life and he's been there for me in ways no one else can. He and my mom are both my anchors, but having someone to really talk to about what is going on with my family and life and heart and soul… it is a wonderful feeling. Thanks for being there, through it all. You mean the world to me :).
-Muse is one of the most amazing bands of all time, on their albums AND LIVE (which means they have REAL talent).

8 New Recipes I Want to Try and Make by the End of the Year...
*
Cinnamon toast.
Garlic toast.
Cheese covered toast.
That isall I think I can manage… not a wizard in the kitchen, to say the very least. I'm actually kind of a hazard...

8 Favorite Online Hangouts...

iGoogle
Google Reader
Gmail
Blogger
Playlist.com
Pearls Before Swine (on Comics.com)
Youtube
Imdb

8 Projects I Need To Work On...

Filling out the Common Application
Writing my college essayS (as in there are many…)
Being a better blogger
Cleaning and organizing my room
Actually doing my homework
Finishing a new playlist
DEEP cleaning my closet and purging my clothes… ("I'm not buying you anymore clothes until you get rid of the ones that don't fit anymore")
Transferring my music to my laptop and adding/removing my pictures (organizing digital media… that sounds nerdy XD)

8 Other People I Think Should Do This...

Jinnyd
Jade
Amanda
Sammy4ever
Guinevere
Emma
Leanna
Mackenzie


Thanks Logan, Leanna, and Mackenzie for following! I hope you enjoy what you find here :). And I LOVE comments everyone, my posts are up for discussion, so don't hesitate to voice your opinions!

*toast image from here


--
"But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying..."


´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

4 comments:

Mess of Me is awesome. :)

I have only read the first Hunger Games book. Did you like Mockingjay?
 
I like pretty much every bit of this post :D It's "FTW" "IMHO". Hahaha ;)
 
Hey! I forgot to tell you that I need your email address for the Scavenger Hunt so I can email your clue to you :) If you wouldn't mind, send me a message at livinglovinglaughinglearning@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

~Kendra
 
Shaynie: That is a HARD question... my immediate reaction was to hate it with every fiber of my being. It left me empty... BUT now that I've recovered, I think I'll read it again and reevaluate. It is just a very real depiction of war and its psychological aftermath, which was difficult for me to accept happening to characters I love. Catching Fire (the second book) is absolutely amazing though, so if you enjoyed the first one I'd recommend the second one for sure. Once I've reread Mockingjay, I'll post my final review of it.

Samwise: Thanks! And LOL… nice XD

Kendra: Looking forward to the hunt, and thanks for stopping by! :)

Thank you all so much for commenting! I really love seeing your thoughts :)
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)