Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Thanks+Fun at a Red Light!

Thanksgiving, such a glorious holiday where we all stuff our faces and remain full for days... at least, everyone I've talked to about their Thanksgiving said with a smile and a distant expression 'I ate too much...' :D. Mine was bittersweet. Started off rough, family arguing...my dad was trying to get my mom to go to a movie that afternoon, and she didn't want to go without me, and he was freaking out because he wasn't getting his way. Then I got to go to Henry's house to celebrate with his family and have lunch, which was absolutely wonderful! His family was fun to be around, and it was (kinda) his dad's birthday, and his dad's sister (so Henry's aunt) made an absolutely amazing cake that looked like a cooked turkey! The food was great, and MG, Henry's sister, showed me how to make a cootie-catcher with post-its(I hadn't made one in years, and had forgotten how).
I showed her how to make an origami frog, and then we made a bunch, and I accidentally made one jump into Henry's cup of coffee XD. Then she got a sheet of green paper and made a HUGE one, but it couldn't jump worth a fart :). My neck was still hurting a little, but it wasn't cry-my-eyes-out pain, it was more dang-I-shouldn't-keep-turning-my-head pain. It would have been nice to talk more, but I had a lot of fun and am so grateful that he was willing to share his family and that day with me :). I wish I hadn't had to leave...but eventually I did, and when at home watched a movie with my parents (The Expendables, actually... LOL) then carried on with my day as if it wasn't a holiday. I loved seeing everyone's 'Happy Thanksgiving' posts, and this was part of one of my favorites:
"Before you pass out from the spread of food upon the dining room table...
Before you enter the rush of the Christmas season, awaking at 3am to grab the "hottest" deals of the season...
Before it becomes politically correct to refer to it merely as Turkey Day...
Can we stop?
Thanksgiving. Merriam Webster defines this as the act of giving thanks; a prayer expressing gratitude; and a public acknowledgement or celebration of divine goodness.
That cuts me to my core, what about you? I don't know if I've ever stopped to read the definition before, but that's loaded with a basis in God and in His providence." (from Lane Lareau, see here)
I've never actually seen the definition of Thanksgiving before. And really, that is what the day is about, right? So my family didn't have a meal together, no one cooked anything, the house was a wreck and we watched a violent movie. That isn't reason for me to be disappointed-if anything, I should be laughing! Actually, I'm laughing right now! But the bottom line is, I have so MUCH to be grateful for.

Right now, I am thanking you God, and I hope you can hear me. For my confidant and faithful friend, Henry. For momma. For A being such a great friend even though I'm horrible at replying to emails! For my wonderful brother and for Mrs. A. both supporting me despite my failings. For my other couple friends who still love me even though I'm the most horrible friend in the world. For my job, even though things aren't going that great lately. For letting me be a Semifinalist! For my SAT scores rising. For those people I've never let myself invest in, but who seem more than ready to be there for me anyway. For my family's health and the roof over our heads. I am so very fortunate... and I know that I don't thank you enough. So, from here on out, I'm going to try my hardest to remember the good things and stay positive. In the past couple weeks, my depression has really taken a toll on me, and I'm simply not feeling good right now. I actually didn't go to school today, for the first time in my life, because I just didn't think I could take it. But I am alive. And I will get through this ginormous pile of crap that is my life. And then I'll take a long, hot, shower and get all clean and comfy, and smile and thank you yet again for helping me through it all. Thanks again,
Your Lost Child, Elizabeth


OKAY, well now that I've gotten that out, FUNNY STORY TIME! The other day I was on my way home from work, and was at a red light, and a song I love came on the radio(mentioned here), and I started bouncing around the car like a crazy person. I turned it up so loud the car was shaking, and I was really really cold, which meant I was moving more than normal because I WAS COLD, even though I was wearing a scarf and my leather jacket! After I'd danced and beat up my steering wheel for a while, I remembered that I was wearing a santa hat.


Why? Because for the entire month of December, it is part of my uniform, and I am not allowed to work without it. So eventually the light turned green, and I was driving along, and the person on the other side of the intersection wasn't going even though the light was green, and I wondered why until I passed them and saw the head of the driver turn around to look at the twiggy chick in a leather jacket blasting Rise Against on the day after Thanksgiving... in a santa hat. Apparently, they didn't notice the light had changed.... LOL :D.

Anyway, sorry for the random and disconnected post... lol. Also, I'd like to thank you my followers for reading, including my newest follower Sarah! You guys rock!

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨)*´¨)
(¸.·´¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.· Elizabeth *´¨)
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
(¸.·´*

Frog Image from here.
Santa Hat Image from here.

4 comments:

That Santa hat anecdote is very funny. :)
 
Lol, I was cracking up :D. Glad you found it funny too! And thanks for commenting!
 
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! That's hilarious! :-D I can just picture the guy staring in disbelief..."Teenagers these days! Is that a Santa hat?" :-)
 
:D LOL :D I can see that now too! LOL... that was too funny XD Poor innocent other people sitting at a red light...
 

Post a Comment

Hope this post didn't totally bore ya! :D. I love my commenters, because I value your opinion and love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think? :)